The Celta Vigo team will challenge the Real Madrid team in a La Liga Matchday 3 in Abanca-Balaídos Stadium, Vigo on Friday, August 25, 2023. For streaming coverage of Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Celta Vigo will host Real Madrid at the Estadio de Balaidos on Friday, 25 August 2023, in the third week of La Liga 2023/24. This is an interesting game between two teams whose coaches have worked together at Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez.
Celta Vigo have taken just one point from their first two games in La Liga this season. They lost 0-2 at home to Osasuna on August 13th, and could only draw 1-1 against Real Sociedad last weekend. Oscar Mingueza saved Celta Vigo from defeat with a stoppage-time goal after Ander Barrenetxea had put Real Sociedad ahead.
Rafa Benitez, who was just appointed as coach of Celta Vigo this season, said he was satisfied with his team’s performance in the last game. However, he also recognizes that his side will have to improve their form if they are to compete in the top flight of La Liga after signing five new players in the summer of 2023.
On the other hand, Real Madrid are top of the table after winning their first two games in La Liga this season. They beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 on August 12 before beating Almeria 3-1 last weekend. They are one of three teams unbeaten in La Liga this season, along with Rayo and Valencia. However, Real Madrid is superior on goal difference and is at the top of the standings.
Carlo Ancelotti, returning to Real Madrid after seven years apart, has brought positive changes to the team. He has played a 4-3-1-2 formation with Jude Bellingham as an attacking midfielder behind Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo. Bellingham became the star of the field for Real Madrid by scoring three goals in the first two matches. The Englishman showed he deserved the £115m Real Madrid paid for him.
Real Madrid are determined to reclaim the La Liga title from the hands of Barcelona, who won last season. They also want to improve their record against Celta Vigo, who are their favorite opponent. Real Madrid have won six in a row against Celta Vigo in La Liga, including a 4-1 win in the second leg last season. They haven’t lost to Celta Vigo in La Liga since May 2014.
Real Madrid has the possibility of winning tonight’s game. Los Blancos, who recently lost Benzema who moved to Al-Ittihad, are still in good form and confident. This is a golden opportunity for Madrid to get three more points in La Liga 2023/24 and maintain their position at the top of the standings.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid match at Abanca-Balaídos Stadium, Vigo can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2023/2024 Matchday 3 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 15:30 ET.
|Match||Celta Vigo vs. Real Madrid|
|Competition||2023/2024 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 3|
|Venue||Abanca-Balaídos Stadium, Vigo|
|Date||Friday, August 25, 2023|
See also info regarding other Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Celta Vigo (4-4-2)||Real Madrid (4-3-1-2)|
|De la Torre||Valverde|
5 H2H Latest Celta Vigo – Real Madrid
- April 23, 2023 – Real Madrid [2 – 0] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- August 21, 2022 – Celta Vigo [1 – 4] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- April 02, 2022 – Celta Vigo [1 – 2] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- September 13, 2021 – Real Madrid [5 – 2] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
- March 20, 2021 – Celta Vigo [1 – 3] Real Madrid (La Liga)
Celta Vigo – Last 5 Match Results
- July 30, 2023 – Celta Vigo [1 – 0] Lyon (Club Friendlies)
- August 05, 2023 – Wolfsburg [0 – 1] Celta Vigo (Club Friendlies)
- August 09, 2023 – Compostela [0 – 3] Celta Vigo (Club Friendlies)
- August 13, 2023 – Celta Vigo [0 – 2] Osasuna (La Liga)
- August 19, 2023 – Sociedad [1 – 1] Celta Vigo (La Liga)
Real Madrid – Last 5 Match Results
- July 27, 2023 – Real Madrid [2 – 0] Manchester United (Club Friendlies)
- July 30, 2023 – Barcelona [3 – 0] Real Madrid (Club Friendlies)
- August 03, 2023 – Juventus [3 – 1] Real Madrid (Club Friendlies)
- August 13, 2023 – Athletic Bilbao [0 – 2] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- August 20, 2023 – Almeria [1 – 3] Real Madrid (La Liga)