|Match||Manchester City vs. Liverpool|
|Competition||2022/23 Premier League|
|Match day||Week 29|
|Venue||Etihad Stadium Stadium, Manchester|
|Date||Saturday, April 01, 2023|
|Official TV||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
Man City and Liverpool will meet in the match that English football fans have been waiting for on Saturday morning, 1 April 2023. The two teams have a long history of rivalry and are looking for each other to win to improve their position in the standings.
Manchester City are currently in second place and eight points clear of leaders Arsenal, but still have a game in hand. Liverpool are in sixth place on the same points as Brighton and Brentford, and must fight to get into the Champions League zone.
The two teams have met three times this season in various competitions. Liverpool won twice, namely in the Community Shield with a score of 3-1 and in the league with a score of 1-0. Manchester City won once, namely in the Carabao Cup with a score of 3-2. The last clash between the two teams took place in December last year and ended in drama. Liverpool had the lead, but Man City turned things around. The decisive goal for Manchester City was scored by Nathan Aké.
This match will be a test for both teams after the international break. Manchester City should be worried about Erling Haaland, who has a groin injury and missed Norway’s two matches in the EURO 2024 qualifiers.
The Norwegian bomber has also not been seen following training with his team. Haaland is the league’s top scorer with 28 goals and is badly needed by Manchester City to break Liverpool’s goal. Apart from Haaland, Manchester City also cannot play the injured Phil Foden.
Hence, Julian Alvarez can become a key player for Pep Guardiola on the front lines. The talented young player who only joined Manchester City in January from River Plate for a transfer fee of around 30 million euros, plays as a striker and can play either on the wing or behind the main striker. This 21-year-old player is Lionel Messi’s partner who won the 2022 World Cup together in Qatar.
Liverpool also has its own injury problems. They had to lose Calvin Ramsay and Stefan Bajcetic who are still recovering. Apart from that, several of their players are also in doubt, such as Kostas Tsimikas, Darwin Nunez, Joe Gomez, Thiago Alcantara and Luis Diaz.
The Reds are also looking for consistency after losing back to back to Real Madrid in the Champions League and Bournemouth in the league. The defeat was in stark contrast to their crushing win over Manchester United with a score of 7-0 earlier.
Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool coach, emphasized that his team will not give up in the struggle to finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League next season. “We know that we have to win as many games as possible to achieve our objective. We will not give up until the end of the season. We will give everything in every game and see what we can achieve,” said Klopp. (Source: Sports Mole)
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Manchester City and Liverpool have met a total of 176 times in all competitions since their first meeting in 1893. Liverpool excel in the meeting record with 83 wins, 45 draws and 48 defeats. Manchester City only won 48 times, drew 45 times and lost 83 times.
Liverpool is also superior in the number of goals scored from the meeting of the two teams. They have scored 305 goals and conceded 244 goals. Manchester City only scored 244 goals and conceded 305 goals.
Liverpool are more dominant when playing at home or away. They won 51, drew 21 and lost 16 while playing at Anfield. They also won 32 times, drew 24 times and lost 32 times while playing at the Etihad Stadium. Manchester City won 32, drew 24 and lost 32 at home. They also won 16, drew 21 and lost 51 when playing on the road.
Most matches between the two teams have occurred in the league with 162 meetings. Liverpool also excels in the record for meetings in the league with 77 wins, 43 draws and 42 defeats. Manchester City only won 42 times, drew 43 times and lost 77 times.
The last game in the premier league between the two teams at the Etihad Stadium ended in a 2-2 draw in April 2022. Manchester City’s goals were scored by Gabriel Jesus and Kevin De Bruyne, while Liverpool’s goals were scored by Sadio Mane and Diogo Jota.
- December 23, 2022 – Manchester City [3 – 2] Liverpool (League Cup)
- October 16, 2022 – Liverpool [1 – 0] Manchester City (EPL)
- July 30, 2022 – Liverpool [3 – 1] Manchester City (Community Shield)
- April 16, 2022 – Manchester City [2 – 3] Liverpool (FA Cup)
- April 10, 2022 – Manchester City [2 – 2] Liverpool (EPL)
Manchester City Performance
- March 01, 2023 – Bristol City [0 – 3] Manchester City (FA Cup)
- March 04, 2023 – Manchester City [2 – 0] Newcastle United (EPL)
- March 12, 2023 – Crystal Palace [0 – 1] Manchester City (EPL)
- March 15, 2023 – Manchester City [7 – 0] RB Leipzig (UEFA Champions League)
- March 19, 2023 – Manchester City [6 – 0] Burnley (FA Cup)
- February 26, 2023 – Crystal Palace [0 – 0] Liverpool (EPL)
- March 02, 2023 – Liverpool [2 – 0] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- March 05, 2023 – Liverpool [7 – 0] Manchester United (EPL)
- March 11, 2023 – AFC Bournemouth [1 – 0] Liverpool (EPL)
- March 16, 2023 – Real Madrid [1 – 0] Liverpool (UEFA Champions League)
Possible Starting Lineup:
|Manchester City (4-3-3)||Liverpool (4-3-3)|
Where to Watch
Tonight there is an exciting match between Manchester City vs Liverpool in the 2022/23 Premier League competition. If nothing changes, of course you can watch the live broadcast and live streaming of Manchester City vs Liverpool via the Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV platforms.
Held at the Etihad Stadium Stadium, Manchester on Saturday, April 01, 2023, the Man City vs. Liverpool show will start kick-off at 07:30 EDT. The following is additional information on TV channels in several countries that are broadcasting streaming this match.
Optus Sport (Australia); Sky Go, Sky Sport Top Event, Sky Sport Premier League (Austria); Play Sports 1, Play Sports, VOO sport World 1 (Belgium); Star+ (Brazil); True Premier Football HD 2, True Premier Football HD 1 (Thailand); BT Sport Ultimate, BT Sport App, BT Sport 1, BTSport.com, TalkSport Radio UK (United Kingdom), more here.
*Please Remember too! several streaming platforms or TV channels charge a subscription fee to access Manchester City vs Liverpool shows, and the 2022/23 Premier League match schedule may change depending on broadcast rights holders.
Here is the live streaming link for Manchester City vs. Liverpool in the Premier League 2022/23
Predikdi Man City vs Liverpool
Based on predictions from several soccer sites, Man City is more favored to win over Liverpool. Who will come out victorious in tonight’s super big match duel? Here are the score predictions and why:
- Dimers: Manchester City has a 65% chance of winning, Liverpool has a 15.6% chance of winning, and a 19.3% chance of a draw. The final score prediction is 2-0 for Manchester City. (Source: Dimers.com)
- Sports Mole: Manchester City are more favored to win because they have better strength and squad depth than Liverpool. Liverpool will try to provide fierce resistance, but will likely lose narrowly. The final score prediction is 2-1 for Manchester City. (Source: Sports Mole)
- Feedinco: Manchester City is more likely to win because it has a more consistent and stable performance than Liverpool. Liverpool are in an uncertain phase and are prone to conceding goals. The final score prediction is 3-1 for Manchester City. (Source: Feedinco)
- Sporty Trader: Manchester City are the favorites to win because they have the advantage in meeting records and the quality of the players. Liverpool will look to rely on counter-attacks and individuals, but are likely to struggle to deal with the pressure of Manchester City. The final score prediction is 2-0 for Manchester City. (Source: Sporty Trader)