The Guatemala national team will face the Canada national team in 2nd round of the Concacaf Gold Cup on Saturday, July 01, 2023. Live streaming of Guatemala vs Canada, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Canada and Guatemala will face off in the second match of Group D stage of the 2023 Gold Cup. This match will take place on Saturday, 1 June 2023, and will be an opportunity for both teams to show their ambitions in this tournament.
The Canadian team is one of the hosts of the 2023 Gold Cup and also one of the strong candidates for the title. However, they have endured a huge disappointment in the first game when they only drew 2-2 with Guadeloupe, the weakest team in the group. Their form has dropped significantly compared to when they reached the final of the Nations League last month, where they narrowly lost to USA.
One of the main reasons for Canada’s decline in form is the absence of several stars who played in Europe such as Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David, Alistair Johnston. They were not called up by coach John Herdman for this tournament, leaving the Canadian squad with a lot of strength to lose. Moreover, most of the players selected are backup players who lack experience and quality.
On the other hand, Guatemala is in an upbeat mood after beating Cuba 1-0 in the first game. Rubin’s single goal in the 48th minute brought them to the top of Group D with three points. Guatemala showed high morale and solid defense to maintain their advantage until the end.
The Guatemalan team also had more motivation to face Canada as they wanted to take revenge for their 0-3 defeat in the 2015 Gold Cup. At that time, they lost badly to Canada in the group stage and were eliminated from the tournament. This time, they want to surprise their superior opponent and win important points to qualify for the next round.
However, Guatemala must also be vigilant because Canada has a line of attack that is still quite sharp. Even without its stars, Canada was still able to score goals steadily in the first half. In five of their last seven matches, Canada scored a minimum of two goals in the first 45 minutes. If Guatemala let their guard down, they could concede a lot of goals from the start.
In the last four meetings between the two teams, Canada has always won. Not only that, in the last ten matches, Guatemala also won only twice. However, in the last five meetings between the two teams, only one team has scored a goal each game. It is likely that Canada will continue this custom.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Guatemala vs Canada match at Shell Energy Stadium Stadium, Texas can be watched live streaming. Concacaf Gold Cup 2023 2nd round match broadcast on Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás starting 21:30 ET.
|Match||Guatemala vs. Canada|
|Competition||2023 Concacaf Gold Cup|
|Match day||2nd round|
|Venue||Shell Energy Stadium Stadium, Texas|
|Date||Saturday, July 01, 2023|
|Official TV||Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás|
|Streaming Link||Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás|
See also info regarding other Guatemala vs Canada matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Guatemala (4-2-3-1)||Canada (3-4-3)|
5 H2H Latest Guatemala – Canada
- January 23, 2022 – Guatemala [Cancelled] Canada (Friendlies)
- March 28, 2015 – Canada [1 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 30, 2009 – Guatemala [0 – 3] Canada (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2007 – Canada [3 – 0] Guatemala (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- November 18, 2004 – Guatemala [0 – 1] Canada (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Guatemala – Last 5 Match Results
- June 08, 2023 – Mexico [2 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 12, 2023 – Trinidad and Tobago [1 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 16, 2023 – Costa Rica [0 – 1] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 19, 2023 – Venezuela [1 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 28, 2023 – Guatemala [1 – 0] Cuba (Concacaf Gold Cup)
Canada – Last 5 Match Results
- March 26, 2023 – Curaçao [0 – 2] Canada (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 29, 2023 – Canada [4 – 1] Honduras (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 16, 2023 – Panama [0 – 2] Canada (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 19, 2023 – Canada [0 – 2] United States (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 28, 2023 – Canada [2 – 2] Guadeloupe (Concacaf Gold Cup)