The Haiti national team will face the Mexico national team in 2nd round of the Concacaf Gold Cup on Thursday, June 29, 2023. Live streaming of Haiti vs Mexico, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Haiti will face Mexico in the second match of Group B – Gold Cup 2023 on Thursday, 29/6. This match will be a tough test for Haiti who have not beaten Mexico since April 1971.
Team Haiti surprised in the opening match of Gold Cup 2023 by winning 2-1 over Qatar, the invited guests, thanks to two goals in the last minute of the first and second half from Duckens Moses Nazon (45+1′) and Frantzdy Pierrot (90+ 7′). This was Haiti’s first win in a match they trailed in the first half since beating Canada 3-2 after trailing 0-2 in the quarter-finals of the 2019 Gold Cup.
The win over Qatar also marked Gabriel Calderon Pellegrino’s debut as Haiti coach in the Gold Cup, after he was appointed caretaker coach to replace Jean-Jacques Pierre in early May. The Argentinian is in the midst of a player overhaul, with only 4 players Carl Fred Sainte, Bryan Alceus, Frantzdy Pierrot and Ricardo Ade playing in the CONCACAF Nations League in March. In this match, it is likely that these key players will still be deployed.
On the other hand, Mexico also has an interim coach in the Gold Cup, namely Jaime Lozano who replaced Diego Cocca less than a week before the tournament started. The 44-year-old coach has summoned a very strong squad to participate in the 2023 Gold Cup. Thus, all the stars who played abroad such as Guillermo Ochoa, Jorge Sánchez, Edson Álvarez, César Montes and Santiago Giménez are present.
Mexico is the most successful team in the Gold Cup with 8 titles in 16 times. However, after losing in the final two years ago, El Tri is only one title ahead of the United States. Therefore, Mexico is very ambitious in this year’s tournament to maintain their dominance in the CONCACAF region.
In the first game, Mexico showed their ambition and strength by destroying Honduras 4-0. Johan Vasquez, Edson Alvarez, Jorge Sanchez and Jesus Gallardo are the four young players who have impressed and are likely to return to start.
In history, Haiti and Mexico have met 12 times. Mexico has recorded 8 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, while Haiti despite having an unbeaten record in the last 8 matches but they have always lost by a margin of at least 2 goals to stronger opponents in the last 4 matches, most recently against Canada (0 -4).
Live Stream & How To Watch
Haiti vs Mexico match at State Farm Stadium Stadium, Arizona can be watched live streaming. Concacaf Gold Cup 2023 2nd round match broadcast on Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás starting 22:00 ET.
|Match||Haiti vs. Mexico|
|Competition||2023 Concacaf Gold Cup|
|Match day||2nd round|
|Venue||State Farm Stadium Stadium, Arizona|
|Date||Thursday, June 29, 2023|
|Official TV||Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás|
|Streaming Link||Foxsports 1, TUDN, Univision NOW, UniMás|
See also info regarding other Haiti vs Mexico matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Haiti (4-2-3-1)||Mexico (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Haiti – Mexico
- July 03, 2019 – Haiti [0 – 1 E] Mexico (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- July 20, 2009 – Mexico [4 – 0] Haiti (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- November 11, 1981 – Haiti [1 – 1] Mexico (League)
- October 09, 1977 – Mexico [4 – 1] Haiti (League)
- December 18, 1973 – Mexico [1 – 0] Haiti (League)
Haiti – Last 5 Match Results
- June 12, 2022 – Guyana [2 – 6] Haiti (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 15, 2022 – Haiti [6 – 0] Guyana (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 26, 2023 – Montserrat [0 – 4] Haiti (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 29, 2023 – Haiti [3 – 1] Bermuda (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 26, 2023 – Haiti [2 – 1] Qatar (Concacaf Gold Cup)
Mexico – Last 5 Match Results
- June 08, 2023 – Mexico [2 – 0] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 11, 2023 – Mexico [2 – 2] Cameroon (Friendlies)
- June 16, 2023 – United States [3 – 0] Mexico (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 19, 2023 – Panama [0 – 1] Mexico (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 26, 2023 – Mexico [4 – 0] Honduras (Concacaf Gold Cup)