The United States national team will face the Jamaica national team in 1st round of the Concacaf Gold Cup on Saturday, June 24, 2023. Live streaming of United States vs Jamaica, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
The United States is the defending Gold Cup champion and also the new CONCACAF Nations League champion. Gregg Berhalter’s team is in good form with an unbeaten run in the last six matches. They also have an impressive record in the Gold Cup with 12 times qualifying for the final and winning this tournament seven times.
In this year’s Gold Cup, the United States chose to give young and less experienced players a chance. Of the 23 players called up, there are 14 people who have never played more than 10 times at international level. Only Sean Johnson and Aaron Long are over 30 years old.
However, the United States still has enough strength to face its opponents in Group A. They have a sharp line of attack with Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Josh Sargent and Daryl Dike. They also have a solid defensive line with John Brooks, Mark McKenzie, Sergino Dest, and Antonee Robinson.
On the other hand, Jamaica is one of the strongest teams in the Concacaf region. They have been runners-up to the Gold Cup twice in 2015 and 2017. However, their recent form has dropped dramatically. They have not won in their last 10 matches in all competitions.
In the last two friendly matches, Jamaica lost to two Asian teams namely Qatar and Jordan with a score of 1-2. They are also having trouble scoring goals with only five goals scored in the last 10 matches. Their front line lacks sharpness with Leon Bailey, Bobby Reid, Shamar Nicholson and Cory Burke.
Meanwhile, Jamaica’s back line also often conceded goals by conceding 14 goals in the last 10 matches. They rely on the experience of 36-year-old centre-back Adrian Mariappa. They also have two new players who have never played for the national team, namely Brandon Cover and Coniah Boyce-Clarke.
Based on the record of the previous meeting, the United States has the upper hand over Jamaica by winning 16 of the 28 meetings. They also haven’t lost in their last five matches against Jamaica with four wins and one draw. In the previous edition of the Gold Cup, the United States beat Jamaica 1-0 in the quarter-finals.
With good performance and high confidence, it is predicted that the United States will win again over Jamaica in the opening match of Group A. They also have an advantage in terms of player quality and experience playing in major tournaments. Jamaica will find it difficult to withstand the onslaught of the United States and create goal opportunities.
Live Stream & How To Watch
United States vs Jamaica match at Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago can be watched live streaming. Concacaf Gold Cup 2023 1st round match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 21:30 ET.
|Match||United States vs. Jamaica|
|Competition||2023 Concacaf Gold Cup|
|Match day||1st round|
|Venue||Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago|
|Date||Saturday, June 24, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other United States vs Jamaica matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|United States (4-2-3-1)||Jamaica (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest United States – Jamaica
- November 17, 2021 – Jamaica [1 – 1] United States (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 08, 2021 – United States [2 – 0] Jamaica (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- July 26, 2021 – United States [1 – 0] Jamaica (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- March 26, 2021 – United States [4 – 1] Jamaica (Friendlies)
- July 04, 2019 – Jamaica [1 – 3] United States (Concacaf Gold Cup)
United States – Last 5 Match Results
- March 25, 2023 – Grenada [1 – 7] United States (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 28, 2023 – United States [1 – 0] El Salvador (Concacaf Nations League)
- April 20, 2023 – United States [1 – 1] Mexico (Friendlies)
- June 16, 2023 – United States [3 – 0] Mexico (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 19, 2023 – Canada [0 – 2] United States (Concacaf Nations League)
Jamaica – Last 5 Match Results
- March 15, 2023 – Jamaica [0 – 0] Trinidad and Tobago (Friendlies)
- March 27, 2023 – Mexico [2 – 2] Jamaica (Concacaf Nations League)
- April 15, 2023 – Jamaica [Cancelled] Guatemala (Friendlies)
- June 15, 2023 – Jamaica [1 – 2] Qatar (Friendlies)
- June 19, 2023 – Jamaica [1 – 2] Jordan (Friendlies)