The Iceland national team will face the Portugal national team in 4th round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Tuesday, June 20, 2023. Live streaming of Iceland vs Portugal, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Portugal is showing dominance in Group J, the Euro 2024 qualifiers and it is very likely that they will soon get a ticket to the final round. Cristiano Ronaldo and friends won 3 consecutive matches in the Euro 2024 qualifiers.
The team led by coach Roberto Martinez scored 13 goals and conceded none. The strength of the team from the Iberian peninsula can be seen from the fact that they did not concede a single goal in 3 matches and scored up to 13 goals.
Only in the EURO Qualifiers, Portugal only lost 1 time, while winning until 8 of the last 10 away matches. Therefore, Ronaldo and his colleagues are very confident towards their fourth win against Iceland.
Meanwhile, Iceland is in second place from bottom, only ahead of Liechtenstein. From the 3 matches that have been passed, Iceland won 3 points from a 7-0 victory over Liechtenstein, while losing to Bosnia-Herzegovina and Slovakia.
Iceland lost 1-2 to Slovakia in their last game. Alfred Finnbogason was the only goal scorer for Iceland, while Juraj Kucka and Tomas Suslov brought victory for Slovakia. Meanwhile, Portugal beat Bosnia & Herzegovina 3-0. Midfielders Bernardo Silva of Manchester City and Bruno Fernandes of Manchester United scored to help Selecao das Quinas win.
Looking at the history of meetings in 3 head-to-head meetings between the two teams, Portugal won 2 and drew 1. Iceland’s Johann Berg Gudmundsson was involved in 10 goals in 23 appearances for Burnley last season. Portugal’s Goncalo Ramos has been involved in 21 goals in 30 appearances for Benfica this season.
Portugal’s Ricardo Horta has been involved in 22 goals in 30 appearances for Braga this season. Diogo Jota of Portugal has been involved in 11 goals in 12 appearances for Liverpool this season. However, the latest news has come from the Portuguese camp that talented young striker Goncalo Ramos has failed to recover from a thigh injury and has asked to leave the training camp.
On the other hand, Iceland have a lot of talented young players in their squad and Isak Bergmann Johannesson is the most promising. The midfielder currently playing for Copenhagen, is expected to play an important role for his national team in the future.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Iceland vs Portugal match at Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, Reykjavík can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 4th round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Iceland vs. Portugal|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||4th round|
|Venue||Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, Reykjavík|
|Date||Tuesday, June 20, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Iceland vs Portugal matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Iceland (4-3-3)||Portugal (3-4-3)|
|A. Gudmundsson||B. Silva|
5 H2H Latest Iceland – Portugal
- June 15, 2016 – Portugal [1 – 1] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- October 08, 2011 – Portugal [5 – 3] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- October 13, 2010 – Iceland [1 – 3] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
Iceland – Last 5 Match Results
- January 09, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 1] Estonia (Friendlies)
- January 13, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [3 – 0] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 7] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- June 18, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 2] Slovakia (Europa Conference League)
Portugal – Last 5 Match Results
- December 07, 2022 – Portugal [6 – 1] Switzerland (FIFA World Cup)
- December 10, 2022 – Morocco [1 – 0] Portugal (FIFA World Cup)
- March 24, 2023 – Portugal [4 – 0] Liechtenstein (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 6] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
- June 18, 2023 – Portugal [3 – 0] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Europa Conference League)