The Austria national team will face the Sweden national team in 4th round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Tuesday, June 20, 2023. Live streaming of Austria vs Sweden, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Austria and Sweden will meet in a crucial match in the EURO 2024 qualifiers on June 21. The result of this match will greatly affect the chances of both teams to qualify for Europe’s biggest football party next year.
Austria currently leads Group F with 7 points from 3 matches, 3 points ahead of Belgium (second place) and 4 points from Sweden (third place). Austria have had a perfect start beating Azerbaijan and Estonia, then picked up a point at home to Belgium recently. Tim Burschen realizes that they have to work hard, taking advantage of playing at home to get maximum points, especially when facing direct opponents like Sweden.
Sweden also has big ambitions to appear at EURO 2024, but they face many difficulties. They are at risk for the first time since EURO 1996 of being unable to take part in Europe’s number one tournament if they lose to Austria in match three of qualifying round.
The Blagult have endured a poor UEFA Nations League campaign and had to drop down to League C. They have only one win in their two EURO 2024 qualifying round matches, beating Estonia 2-0. They have lost to Belgium 0-3 in the opening game.
However, Sweden also has reason to be hopeful, as they have shown their recovery after finishing in the UEFA Nations League. They only lost to Belgium in the qualifying round for EURO 2024, the rest being six wins in all competitions. In the last game, Sweden crushed Azerbaijan 5-0 in a friendly and will definitely be more confident when they travel to Austria.
In terms of history, Austria and Sweden have met 10 times, with an even record: each team has three wins and four draws. The last meeting between the two teams was back in 2015, when Austria beat Sweden 4-1 in the EURO 2016 qualifiers.
Despite that, Austria has the advantage of playing at home and doing better than Sweden in official competitions. Austria are unbeaten in 23 of their last 26 matches in EURO qualifying and have won their last six home matches in this tournament.
The Swedish team has not lost in 23 of the last 27 matches in EURO qualifying, but they have lost by a margin of two goals or more in the last three away matches.
From an individual point of view, perhaps Austria is not comparable to Sweden, but from a collective point of view it is quite the opposite. Maybe because most of the Austrian players play in the German Bundesliga, so they have a uniform style of play. Austria’s current coach is also a German, Ralf Rangnick who has experience in his country.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Austria vs Sweden match at Ernst-Happel-Stadion Stadium, Wien can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 4th round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Austria vs. Sweden|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||4th round|
|Venue||Ernst-Happel-Stadion Stadium, Wien|
|Date||Tuesday, June 20, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Austria vs Sweden matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Austria (4-4-2)||Sweden (4-4-2)|
5 H2H Latest Austria – Sweden
- September 07, 2018 – Austria [2 – 0] Sweden (Friendlies)
- September 09, 2015 – Sweden [1 – 4] Austria (Europa Conference League)
- September 09, 2014 – Austria [1 – 1] Sweden (Europa Conference League)
- October 12, 2013 – Sweden [2 – 1] Austria (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 08, 2013 – Austria [2 – 1] Sweden (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Austria – Last 5 Match Results
- November 17, 2022 – Andorra [0 – 1] Austria (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Austria [2 – 0] Italy (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Austria [4 – 1] Azerbaijan (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Austria [2 – 1] Estonia (Europa Conference League)
- June 18, 2023 – Belgium [1 – 1] Austria (Europa Conference League)
Sweden – Last 5 Match Results
- January 10, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 0] Finland (Friendlies)
- January 13, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Sweden [0 – 3] Belgium (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Sweden [5 – 0] Azerbaijan (Europa Conference League)
- June 17, 2023 – Sweden [4 – 1] New Zealand (Friendlies)