The Slovenia national team will face the Denmark national team in 4th round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Monday, June 19, 2023. Live streaming of Slovenia vs Denmark, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
The ongoing Euro 2024 qualification is very interesting when group H has 4 teams who both have 6 points after 3 matches. Denmark is a team that is at the top of the standings thanks to a better goal difference, but Slovenia is also no less competitive when it comes to 4th.
Denmark is a team that has better quality players, with important veterans like Christian Eriksen, Simon Kjaer or Kasper Schmeichel. They also have high hopes for young striker Rasmus Hojlund, who has scored 5 goals in 5 matches for the national team.
However, Denmark did not play well in the Euro 2024 qualifiers when they lost to Kazakhstan 2-3 and only won over Northern Ireland 1-0. They also disappointed at the 2022 World Cup when they were knocked out early. Denmark is facing a lot of problems regarding playing style and physique, things that opponents can take advantage of.
Slovenia is a team that doesn’t have many talented players, except for the world’s best goalkeepers like Samir Handanovic or Jan Oblak (who was not called up this time around). They could not qualify from Euro qualifiers in 5 consecutive times.
However, Slovenia plays very well when they are underdogs or defending in front of stronger opponents. They have scored 7 goals and conceded only 4 goals in the last 5 matches. The absence of senior midfielder Jasmin Kurtic is a big loss for Slovenia, but they can still play well at home.
In the FIFA rankings, Denmark is in 19th place, while Slovenia is in 61st. This is quite a big difference in terms of the quality of the players between the two teams. However, Denmark does not have a good away record in qualifying for the last major tournament. They have lost to Scotland and Kazakhstan, and have only won over the Faroe Islands and Northern Ireland by close scores.
Meanwhile, Slovenia played very tenaciously at home when it drew with Croatia and Turkey, and only lost to Russia with a minimal score.
Slovenia vs Denmark is a fierce and exciting match when both teams want to earn points to maintain their position in group H. Denmark has a higher quality of players, but Slovenia has the home advantage and better performance. It is possible that the match which will be officiated by referee Francois Letexier (France) at the Stozice Stadium will end in a draw.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Slovenia vs Denmark match at Stožice Stadium, Ljubljana can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 4th round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Slovenia vs. Denmark|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||4th round|
|Venue||Stožice Stadium, Ljubljana|
|Date||Monday, June 19, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Slovenia vs Denmark matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Slovenia (4-2-3-1)||Denmark (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Slovenia – Denmark
- February 07, 2008 – Slovenia [1 – 2] Denmark (Friendlies)
- April 26, 2001 – Denmark [3 – 0] Slovenia (Friendlies)
- May 01, 1997 – Denmark [4 – 0] Slovenia (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 02, 1996 – Slovenia [0 – 2] Denmark (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Slovenia – Last 5 Match Results
- November 17, 2022 – Romania [1 – 2] Slovenia (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Slovenia [1 – 0] Montenegro (Friendlies)
- March 23, 2023 – Kazakhstan [1 – 2] Slovenia (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Slovenia [2 – 0] San Marino (Europa Conference League)
- June 16, 2023 – Finland [2 – 0] Slovenia (Europa Conference League)
Denmark – Last 5 Match Results
- November 26, 2022 – France [2 – 1] Denmark (FIFA World Cup)
- November 30, 2022 – Australia [1 – 0] Denmark (FIFA World Cup)
- March 24, 2023 – Denmark [3 – 1] Finland (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Kazakhstan [3 – 2] Denmark (Europa Conference League)
- June 17, 2023 – Denmark [1 – 0] Northern Ireland (Europa Conference League)