The France national team will face the Greece national team in 4th round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Monday, June 19, 2023. Live streaming of France vs Greece, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
France are making Euro 2024 qualifying group B their own. They won a landslide 4-0 victory over their equivalent opponent Netherlands in the opening game. Then, Deschamps’ men earned easy 1-0 wins at home to Ireland and 3-0 at home to Gibraltar.
With a perfect 9 points, scoring 8 goals and without conceding, France is firmly on top of group B and it is very likely that they will continue to widen the gap with the rest of the competitors in this group after this game. They will host the Greek runners-up in the fourth match and with the advantage of playing at home, good form, Les Bleus is sure to secure 3 points.
In theory, Greece is in good form with two wins and one draw from three matches played in Euro qualifiers. However, it was an easy game against Gibraltar (win), Lithuania (draw) or Ireland (win in manpower conditions and playing at home). Tonight, in the face of a team that excels in all aspects, Greece’s unbeaten streak is difficult to maintain.
Greece has created miracles by becoming European champions in 2004, including a 1-0 victory over France in the quarter-finals. But if you look at the meeting record, Greece has won over France only once in history. The rest they lost 6, drew 1.
Compared to the win over Gibraltar, it is likely that Deschamps will make some minor changes to improve effectiveness for the Gaulois Roosters. In goal, Mike Maignan will replace Brice Samba.
Meanwhile, Deschamps will update the back line by replacing the central defender pair Wesley Fofana – Ibrahima Konate with Jules Kounde – Dayot Upamecano. In addition, there will also be some minor changes in the midfield and front line. As Jordan Veretout replaced midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni and France will return to a 4-2-3-1 formation with Kylian Mbappe playing up front in attack.
On the Greek side, coach Poyet has also adjusted several positions at the back and midfield so as not to be outdone by the very strong side of the reigning world champions. In the current squad of Greece, midfielder Anastasios Bakasetas is playing very well and has scored three goals for his team (2 goals, 1 assist).
For additional information, Kylian Mbappe has scored 3 goals, gave 1 assist and provided 1 assist which led to the opponent scoring an own goal in the EURO 2024 qualifiers. The Paris Saint-Germain striker is the biggest hope for France to maintain its winning record in the campaign to win a ticket to Germany next summer.
Live Stream & How To Watch
France vs Greece match at Stade de France Stadium, Saint-Denis can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 4th round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||France vs. Greece|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||4th round|
|Venue||Stade de France Stadium, Saint-Denis|
|Date||Monday, June 19, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other France vs Greece matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|France (4-3-3)||Greece (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest France – Greece
- November 16, 2006 – France [1 – 0] Greece (Friendlies)
- June 26, 2004 – France [0 – 1] Greece (Europa Conference League)
- February 21, 1996 – France [3 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- February 27, 1980 – France [5 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- September 08, 1973 – France [3 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
France – Last 5 Match Results
- December 15, 2022 – France [2 – 0] Morocco (FIFA World Cup)
- December 18, 2022 – Argentina [P 3 – 3] France (FIFA World Cup)
- March 25, 2023 – France [4 – 0] Netherlands (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Republic of Ireland [0 – 1] France (Europa Conference League)
- June 17, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 3] France (Europa Conference League)
Greece – Last 5 Match Results
- November 18, 2022 – Malta [2 – 2] Greece (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Hungary [2 – 1] Greece (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Gibraltar [0 – 3] Greece (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Greece [0 – 0] Lithuania (Friendlies)
- June 17, 2023 – Greece [2 – 1] Republic of Ireland (Europa Conference League)