The Iceland national team will face the Slovakia national team in 3rd round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Live streaming of Iceland vs Slovakia, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Iceland will host Slovakia at Laugardalsvollur on Saturday (17 June) in the UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying Group J continued. The two teams are in Group J along with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and Portugal who lead the standings.
Iceland is hoping to bounce back from their crushing 3-0 defeat to Bosnia and Herzegovina in their first match. They managed to secure three points by defeating Liechtenstein 7-0 in the next match, thanks to Aron Gunnarsson’s hat-trick.
Slovakia also started their qualification with a goalless draw against Luxembourg. They then earned an important 2-0 win over Bosnia and Herzegovina, with Robert Mak and Lukas Haraslín the heroes.
Portugal is still firmly at the top of Group J with six points from two matches. They won easily over Liechtenstein 5-0 and Luxembourg 3-0, with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring four goals.
Iceland and Slovakia have faced each other five times before, all in friendlies. Slovakia is superior with three wins, while Iceland won only once. All of these matches ended with a minimum score of 2.5 goals.
The last clash between the two teams took place in November last year, when Slovakia won 5-0 at home. Marek Hamsik starred with two goals, while Juraj Kucka, Robert Mak and Michal Duris contributed one goal each.
Iceland has a pretty good banging power with seven goals in two matches, but they are also prone to conceding three goals. They are also struggling to win at home, with only one win in their last 12 games.
Slovakia have been solid at the back having not conceded in their two qualifiers. They are also unbeaten in their last five matches in all competitions, with one win and four draws. They are also quite tough on the road, keeping three clean sheets in their last five matches.
Both teams will be back in action after three months out, so there will probably be a bit of stiffness. Slovakia has the advantage in terms of performance and meeting record, but Iceland is not to be trifled with. We predict this match will end in a 1-1 draw.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Iceland vs Slovakia match at Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, Reykjavík can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 3rd round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Iceland vs. Slovakia|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||3rd round|
|Venue||Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, Reykjavík|
|Date||Saturday, June 17, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Iceland vs Slovakia matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Iceland (4-4-2)||Slovakia (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Iceland – Slovakia
- November 18, 2015 – Slovakia [3 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- August 13, 2009 – Iceland [1 – 1] Slovakia (Friendlies)
- March 27, 2008 – Slovakia [1 – 2] Iceland (Friendlies)
- February 07, 1998 – Slovakia [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- April 27, 1997 – Slovakia [3 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
Iceland – Last 5 Match Results
- November 19, 2022 – Latvia [1 – 1 P] Iceland (League)
- January 09, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 1] Estonia (Friendlies)
- January 13, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [3 – 0] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 7] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
Slovakia – Last 5 Match Results
- September 25, 2022 – Slovakia [1 – 1] Belarus (UEFA Nations League)
- November 18, 2022 – Montenegro [2 – 2] Slovakia (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Chile (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Luxembourg (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Slovakia [2 – 0] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Europa Conference League)