The Portugal national team will face the Bosnia-Herzegovina national team in 3rd round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Live streaming of Portugal vs Bosnia-Herzegovina, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Portugal will host Bosnia & Herzegovina in what is predicted to be a one-sided match for the home team in the EURO 2024 qualifying round, group J, Saturday, 17 June.
Portugal is in very good form in the qualifying round for EURO 2024. They have won both the last two games, scored 10 goals and conceded none. Star Cristiano Ronaldo also shines by scoring two goals in every match.
At home, Portugal is even stronger. They won 6 of the last 7 matches, losing only once to Spain with a score of 0-1. Of that amount, they managed to keep a clean sheet in 5 matches.
Meanwhile, Bosnia & Herzegovina experienced a serious decline. They just lost 0-2 at home to Slovakia in the EURO 2024 qualifiers. It was the sixth game in a row, they couldn’t pick up a win on the road. They have won only 1 of the last 13 away trips.
History is also not in favor of Bosnia & Herzegovina when they only got one draw and lost three times in the last four meetings with Portugal.
Portugal has a lot of players who are doing very well in Europe’s top leagues, while Bosnia & Herzegovina has hardly any names standing out at the moment. The difference in strength between the two teams is huge and an easy win for Portugal is what football pundits have predicted long ago.
Portugal lost several important players in the duel this time when the national team gathered. They are without Nuno Mendes due to injury and Joao Mario retired from the national team last month. Meanwhile, Diogo Leite and Matheus Nunes were not called due to their physical weakness.
Bosnia & Herzegovina will likely start with midfielder Benjamin Tahirovic to face Portugal. He has played very well in two games last March.
As additional information, the main referee for the Portugal vs Bosnia-Herzegovina match was Davide Massa (Italian). Referee Davide Massa has officiated a total of 222 international matches in his career. He has issued a total of 1017 yellow cards (average 4.58 cards/match) and has issued 44 red cards (average 0.20 cards/match). This referee has awarded penalties 71 times, an average of 0.32 times/match.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Portugal vs Bosnia-Herzegovina match at Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica Stadium, Lisboa can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 3rd round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Portugal vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||3rd round|
|Venue||Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica Stadium, Lisboa|
|Date||Saturday, June 17, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Portugal vs Bosnia-Herzegovina matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Portugal (3-4-3)||Bosnia-Herzegovina (5-3-2)|
5 H2H Latest Portugal – Bosnia-Herzegovina
- November 16, 2011 – Portugal [6 – 2] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Europa Conference League)
- November 12, 2011 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [0 – 0] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
- November 19, 2009 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [0 – 1] Portugal (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 15, 2009 – Portugal [1 – 0] Bosnia-Herzegovina (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Portugal – Last 5 Match Results
- December 02, 2022 – South Korea [2 – 1] Portugal (FIFA World Cup)
- December 07, 2022 – Portugal [6 – 1] Switzerland (FIFA World Cup)
- December 10, 2022 – Morocco [1 – 0] Portugal (FIFA World Cup)
- March 24, 2023 – Portugal [4 – 0] Liechtenstein (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 6] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
Bosnia-Herzegovina – Last 5 Match Results
- September 24, 2022 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [1 – 0] Montenegro (UEFA Nations League)
- September 27, 2022 – Romania [4 – 1] Bosnia-Herzegovina (UEFA Nations League)
- November 19, 2022 – Russia [Cancelled] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [3 – 0] Iceland (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Slovakia [2 – 0] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Europa Conference League)