Despite failing to compete in the 2922 Qatar World Cup, European champion, Italy, did not remain silent. After the first match between Qatar vs Ecuador in the World Cup, Italy will face Austria in Vienna.
In the previous game, Italy won 1-3 over Albania in Tirana. The Azzurri, who were behind earlier, managed to get up and hit the host’s goal 3 times. The 3 winning goals for Italy were scored by Lorenzo and Grifo.
Roberto Mancini’s troops failed to penetrate the World Cup level twice in a row. The first was in 2018 in Russia, and the second was the 2022 World Cup in Qatar because Italy lost to North Macedonia in the semifinals of Group C in the European zone.
However, Italy can become champions of the Nations League after a 1-0 win over England. Unfortunately in Finalissima, Italy defeated Argentina.
Meanwhile, Austria also failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup. Das Team only finished fourth in their qualifying group and lost 2-1 to Wales in a playoff at Cardiff City Stadium in March.
Noted, it has been more than 20 years Austria did not participate in the World Cup stage. Austria last won this major competition in 1998.
Now Austria is trying to reorganize its troops. The federation terminated Franco Foda’s contract, and appointed former Manchester United manager Ralf Rangnick as head coach.
|Match||Austria vs. Italy|
|Venue||Ernst-Happel-Stadion (Wien) Stadium|
Austria – Italy Head-to-Head Record
- 06/27/2021 Italy vs Austria E 2 – 1
- 08/21/2008 Italy vs Austria 2 – 2
- 06/23/1998 Italy vs Austria 2 – 1
- 06/10/1990 Italy vs Austria 1 – 0
- 06/19/1978 Italy vs Austria 1 – 0
Last 5 Match Performance
- 06/11/2022 Austria vs France 1 – 1
- 06/14/2022 Denmark vs Austria 2 – 0
- 09/23/2022 France vs Austria 2 – 0
- 09/26/2022 Austria vs Croatia 1 – 3
- 11/17/2022 Andorra vs Austria 0 – 1
- 06/12/2022 England vs Italy 0 – 0
- 06/15/2022 Germany vs Italy 5 – 2
- 09/24/2022 Italy vs England 1 – 0
- 09/27/2022 Hungary vs Italy 0 – 2
- 11/17/2022 Albania vs Italy 1 – 3
Austria vs. Italy Squad Predictions
Austria (3-4-2-1): Lindner; Posch, Danso, Alaba, Mwene, Grillitsch, Schlager, Sabitzer, Baumgartner, Gregoritsch, Arnautovic.
Italy (3-4-3): Donnarumma; Scalvini, Bonucci, Acerbi, Di Lorenzo, Verratti, Barella, Dimarco, Politano, Raspadori, Grifo.
So, what is the final score for this match? Just watch! Austria vs. Italy will air on Saturday, November 19, 2022.
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Date||Saturday, November 19, 2022|
|Live TV||Soccer TV, FootballTv|