The Ecuador national team match against the Chile in 6e ronde of the CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito.
Ecuador will host Chile at the Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado, Quito, on Sunday in the South American region’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers. This match is expected to be fierce, because both teams are equally ambitious to maintain their position in the top four of the standings.
Ecuador is currently in third place with 23 points, four points ahead of Chile which is in fourth place. Both teams still have to compete with Uruguay and Colombia who are behind them. Winning this match will be very important for both teams to strengthen their position in the standings.
Ecuador have put in a solid performance in these qualifiers, especially on their home turf. They have only lost once at home in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers, namely to Argentina. In their last match, they managed to draw against Venezuela with a score of 0-0.
On the other hand, Chile is undergoing a transition period after their coach, Berizzo, resigned a few days ago. Nicolas Cordova, who previously coached Chile’s U20 team, has been appointed as interim coach. However, Chile still has an experienced squad with players such as Alexis Sanchez, Arturo Vidal and Gary Medel.
However, Chile will face a big challenge in this match. They have not won at home to Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier since 2000. Apart from that, they also have to adapt to the thin air conditions in Quito, which is located at an altitude of around 3,000 meters above sea level.
However, Chile has a positive record in their last three matches. They were quite successful in keeping pace with Paraguay with a score of 0-0 in their last match. However, they must improve their performance if they want to get points in Quito.
However, based on statistics and facts, Ecuador seems to have the advantage, especially since they are playing at home. They won 3-0 in a h2h duel in 2016.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Ecuador vs Chile match at Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito can be watched live streaming. CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2023 6e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 19:30 ET.
|Match||Ecuador vs. Chile|
|Competition||CONMEBOL 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||6e ronde|
|Venue||Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado Stadium, Quito|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Ecuador (4-3-3)||Chile (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Ecuador – Chile
- November 17, 2021 – Chile [0 – 2] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 06, 2021 – Ecuador [0 – 0] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- June 22, 2019 – Ecuador [1 – 2] Chile (League)
- October 06, 2017 – Chile [2 – 1] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 07, 2016 – Ecuador [3 – 0] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Ecuador – Last 5 Match Results
- September 08, 2023 – Argentina [1 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Ecuador [2 – 1] Uruguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Bolivia [1 – 2] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Ecuador [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 17, 2023 – Venezuela [0 – 0] Ecuador (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
Chile – Last 5 Match Results
- September 09, 2023 – Uruguay [3 – 1] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 13, 2023 – Chile [0 – 0] Colombia (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 13, 2023 – Chile [2 – 0] Peru (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 18, 2023 – Venezuela [3 – 0] Chile (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)
- November 17, 2023 – Chile [0 – 0] Paraguay (Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers)