The India national team match against the Qatar in 2e ronde of the AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 will be held at the Kalinga Stadium Stadium, Bhubaneswar.
India will face Qatar in the 2026 World Cup qualifying match in Asia zone group A on November 21 2023 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar. This match will be the second match for both teams in the second round of qualifying, after they met in Doha in June 2021.
The meeting between the two national teams in the previous match which took place at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, Al-Sadd ended with a score of 0-1 in favor of Qatar. A single goal in the 33rd minute by Abdulaziz Hatem succeeded in lifting Qatar’s position at that time in group E.
Now the two teams are in first and second place in Group A of the second round. Each of them got three points after successfully recording an initial victory in the first match. India won 0-1 from Kuwait, while Qatar attacked Afghanistan with a score of 8-1.
India will try to avenge their 1-0 loss to Qatar in their previous encounter, when they were reduced to 10 men from the 17th minute after Anirudh Thapa received a red card. India will also rely on the experience and leadership of their captain Sunil Chhetri, who is the second highest run-scorer in Asia.
Meanwhile Qatar will be looking for a second win over India to maintain their unbeaten record in qualifying. Qatar will also showcase the strength and depth of their squad, led by star striker Almoez Ali, who scored three of the 8 winning goals in the previous match.
The match will be a tough test for India, who have not beaten Qatar since 2011. Qatar also have a physical and technical advantage over India, who may struggle to match Qatar’s tempo and intensity.
Looking at all the factors above, Qatar is considered to have more possibilities to increase their tally of three points in the standings.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
India vs Qatar match at Kalinga Stadium Stadium, Bhubaneswar can be watched live streaming. AFC World Cup Qualifiers 2023 2e ronde match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 09:30 ET.
|Match||India vs. Qatar|
|Competition||AFC 2026 World Cup Qualification|
|Match day||2e ronde|
|Venue||Kalinga Stadium Stadium, Bhubaneswar|
|Date||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|India (4-3-3)||Qatar (4-3-3)|
|G. Singh Sandhu||M. Barsham|
|R. Bheke||Pedro Miguel|
|S. Jhingan||Y. Aymen|
|A. Mishra||Boualem Khoukhi|
|N. Poojari||H. Ahmed|
|L. Ralte||Hassan Al Haydos|
|S. Wangjam||A. Fatehi|
|S. Samad||M. Tarek|
|M. Naorem||Almoez Ali|
|S. Chhetri||A. Alaaeldin|
|M. Singh||Akram Afif|
5 H2H Latest India – Qatar
- June 04, 2021 – India [0 – 1] Qatar (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- September 10, 2019 – Qatar [0 – 0] India (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
- July 17, 2011 – Qatar [1 – 2] India (Friendlies)
- December 19, 2010 – Qatar [Cancelled] India (Friendlies)
India – Last 5 Match Results
- July 04, 2023 – Kuwait [1 – 1 P] India (SAFF Championship)
- September 07, 2023 – Iraq [P 2 – 2] India (Saudi Arabia King’s Cup)
- September 10, 2023 – Lebanon [1 – 0] India (Saudi Arabia King’s Cup)
- October 13, 2023 – Malaysia [4 – 2] India (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Kuwait [0 – 1] India (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)
Qatar – Last 5 Match Results
- September 07, 2023 – Qatar [1 – 2] Kenya (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – Qatar [1 – 1] Russia (Friendlies)
- October 13, 2023 – Qatar [P 0 – 0] Iraq (Friendlies)
- October 18, 2023 – Qatar [0 – 4] IR Iran (Friendlies)
- November 16, 2023 – Qatar [8 – 1] Afghanistan (AFC World Cup Qualifiers)