The Armenia national team match against the Wales in Matchday 9 of the EURO 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, November 18, 2023 will be held at the Vazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht Stadium, Yerevan.
Armenia started qualifying quite well, with two wins, one draw and one loss in their first four matches. They even managed to shock Wales by winning 4-2 in Cardiff last June. However, their performance declined in the last two matches, losing 0-1 to Croatia and 0-2 to Latvia. The defeat by the bottom team knocked Armenia down to fourth place in the standings, with seven points from five matches.
Wales, on the other hand, have had a poor start, losing twice and winning just once in their first four games. However, they recovered in the last two matches, winning 4-0 over Gibraltar and 2-1 over Croatia, the strongest team in this group. The victory over the third world champions moved Wales up to second place in the standings, with ten points from six matches. They now have a big chance of qualifying for Euro 2024 if they can win their remaining two matches.
Armenia cannot rely on their star, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who retired from the national team in 2021. Slovan Bratislava winger Tigran Barseghyan is their current top scorer, with eight goals from 54 caps. Coach Oleksandr Petrakov will likely field a 5-4-1 formation, with Zelarayan as the spearhead.
Wales have several of their key players back, such as David Brooks, Kieffer Moore and Harry Wilson, who were absent from the previous match. They will be joined by other star players, such as Daniel James, Ethan Ampadu and Ben Davies. Coach Rob Page will likely field a 3-4-2-1 formation, with Moore as the target man.
Wales are favorites to win at the Vazgen Sargsyan Republic Stadium in Yerevan. They have higher quality and motivation than Armenia, who have already missed the chance to progress from the group stage. Wales must stick to Turkey who tops Group D with a difference of 6 points from them.
You can watch this match live streaming Armenia vs Wales on several streaming TV services which information has been provided here.
Kick-off time, & Live Streaming Links
Armenia vs Wales match at Vazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht Stadium, Yerevan can be watched live streaming. EURO 2024 Qualifiers 2024 Matchday 9 match broadcast on Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision starting 10:00 ET.
|Match||Armenia vs. Wales|
|Competition||EURO 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||Matchday 9|
|Venue||Vazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht Stadium, Yerevan|
|Date||Saturday, November 18, 2023|
|Official TV||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
|Streaming Link||Fox Sports, FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for links and post quality.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Armenia (3-4-2-1)||Wales (3-4-2-1)|
5 H2H Latest Armenia – Wales
- June 17, 2023 – Wales [2 – 4] Armenia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 01, 2001 – Wales [0 – 0] Armenia (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- March 25, 2001 – Armenia [2 – 2] Wales (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
Armenia – Last 5 Match Results
- June 19, 2023 – Armenia [2 – 1] Latvia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 09, 2023 – Türkiye [1 – 1] Armenia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 11, 2023 – Armenia [0 – 1] Croatia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2023 – Latvia [2 – 0] Armenia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2023 – North Macedonia [3 – 1] Armenia (Friendlies)
Wales – Last 5 Match Results
- June 20, 2023 – Türkiye [2 – 0] Wales (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 08, 2023 – Wales [0 – 0] South Korea (Friendlies)
- September 12, 2023 – Latvia [0 – 2] Wales (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2023 – Wales [4 – 0] Gibraltar (Friendlies)
- October 16, 2023 – Wales [2 – 1] Croatia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)