The Porto team will challenge the Portimonense team in a Portuguese Primeira Liga Matchday 8 in Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto on Sunday, October 08, 2023. For streaming coverage of Porto vs Portimonense, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Porto will try to recover from two consecutive defeats when they host Portimonense in the eighth week of the Portuguese Primeira Liga on Sunday (8/10) afternoon. The home team just suffered a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League in midweek, after also losing 1-0 to city rivals Benfica in the domestic league. Meanwhile, Portimonense has the ambition to achieve positive results in this match.
Porto is now in third place in the Primeira Liga standings with 16 points, three points behind leaders Sporting Lisbon. Meanwhile, Portimonense are in good form away from home, having picked up two consecutive away wins over Vitoria de Guimaraes and Vizela.
The visitors are now in 11th place with eight points, just one point away from the top half of the Primeira league standings. However, Portimonense will face a tough challenge against Porto, who have won the last 12 meetings between the two teams.
Porto also had to recognize Barcelona’s superiority in the Champions League, after Ferran Torres scored the only goal at the Estadio do Dragao. This defeat saw Porto drop to third place in Group H, with three points from two matches.
In tonight’s duel, Porto certainly don’t want to add to their bad record with a third consecutive defeat in all competitions. Sergio Conceicao’s team has a quality and experienced squad, and has a good record at home.
On the other hand, Portimonense cannot be underestimated either, as they have shown their ability to score goals and pick up points away from home. The visitors are in good form away from home, having picked up two consecutive away wins over Vitoria de Guimaraes and Vizela.
In their last match, Portimonense managed to overcome the threat of a comeback from Vizela by winning narrowly 3-2. Carlinhos became a star for Portimonense by scoring two goals, including the winning goal in the 87th minute. Carlinhos is now Portimonense’s top scorer with four goals in seven matches.
However, Porto are still favored to win this match, even though it might not be easy for them. Porto will hope to capitalize on the advantage of playing in front of their own supporters, who always give full support to their beloved team.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Porto vs Portimonense match at Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto can be watched live streaming. Primeira Liga 2023 Matchday 8 match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 13:00 ET.
|Match||Porto vs. Portimonense|
|Competition||2023 Primeira Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 8|
|Venue||Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto|
|Date||Sunday, October 08, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Porto vs Portimonense matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Porto (4-4-2)||Portimonense (3-4-3)|
5 H2H Latest Porto – Portimonense
- July 20, 2023 – Portimonense [0 – 2] Porto (Club Friendlies)
- April 03, 2023 – Porto [1 – 0] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
- October 09, 2022 – Portimonense [0 – 2] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- July 14, 2022 – Portimonense [0 – 1] Porto (Club Friendlies)
- April 17, 2022 – Porto [7 – 0] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
Porto – Last 5 Match Results
- September 16, 2023 – Estrela [0 – 1] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- September 20, 2023 – Shakhtar Donetsk [1 – 3] Porto (UEFA Champions League)
- September 24, 2023 – Porto [2 – 1] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- September 30, 2023 – Benfica [1 – 0] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- October 05, 2023 – Porto [0 – 1] Barcelona (UEFA Champions League)
Portimonense – Last 5 Match Results
- August 26, 2023 – Arouca [1 – 1] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
- September 03, 2023 – Portimonense [1 – 1] Estrela (Primeira Liga)
- September 18, 2023 – Vitoria Guimaraes [1 – 2] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
- September 25, 2023 – Portimonense [1 – 3] Benfica (Primeira Liga)
- September 30, 2023 – Vizela [2 – 3] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)