The Feyenoord team will challenge the GA Eagles team in a Matchday 7 Dutch Eredivisie in Feijenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on Saturday, September 30, 2023. For streaming coverage of Feyenoord vs GA Eagles, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Feyenoord will look to maintain their unbeaten record in the Eredivisie when they host Go Ahead Eagles at the Feijenoord Stadium on Saturday morning. The home team is fresh from a big win in De Klassieker against Ajax, while the visitors are looking to bounce back from a heavy defeat to PSV Eindhoven.
Feyenoord put in an incredible performance at the Johan Cruyff Arena last Sunday, when they crushed Ajax with a score of 4-0. Santiago Gimenez was the star of the field by scoring a superb hat-trick, although the match had to be postponed due to crowd unrest and was completed on Wednesday without spectators. The victory was Feyenoord’s biggest victory at the headquarters of their arch rivals in history.
Arne Slot’s team now leads the Eredivisie standings with 18 points from six matches, scoring 21 goals and conceding only four. They also impressed in the Champions League, when they beat Scottish champions Celtic 3-0 in the first week. Next week, they will face a tough challenge when they visit Atletico Madrid in La Liga.
On the other hand, Go Ahead Eagles are in sixth position with 10 points from six matches, but only one point has come from three away matches. They lost 3-0 to PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday evening, after trailing by a goal in the first half and conceding two more goals early in the second half. Luuk de Jong scored twice for the home team, while Guus Til added another goal.
Rene Hake’s side have had several players stand out at the start of the season, such as defensive midfielder Philippe Rommens, who has recorded five goal contributions in six league appearances. He was also a key player in midfield, setting the tempo of the game and helping in defense. On the front line, Victor Edvardsen and Sylla Sow competed to be the main striker, with each scoring two goals.
Regarding meeting history, the GA Eagles have a bad record at the Feijenoord Stadium, losing three times in a row with an aggregate score of 13-0. However, they caused a surprise there in April 2015, when they won 1-0 thanks to Jules Reimerink’s single goal. They certainly hope to repeat that achievement on Saturday.
Despite being seeded based on the factors above, for tonight’s match, Feyenoord is still without their mainstay goalkeeper Justin Bijlow, who suffered a broken arm during training. Timon Wellenreuther will replace him in goal. Luka Ivanusec is also out with an ankle injury, and will only recover after the international break.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Feyenoord vs GA Eagles match at Feijenoord Stadium, Rotterdam can be watched live streaming. Eredivisie 2023/2024 Matchday 7 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 10:30 ET.
|Match||Feyenoord Rotterdam vs. GA Eagles|
|Match day||Matchday 7|
|Venue||Feijenoord Stadium, Rotterdam|
|Date||Saturday, September 30, 2023|
See also info regarding other Feyenoord vs GA Eagles matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Feyenoord (4-5-1)||GA Eagles (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Feyenoord – GA Eagles
- May 14, 2023 – Feyenoord [3 – 0] GA-Eagles (Eredivisie)
- December 23, 2022 – Feyenoord [Cancelled] GA-Eagles (Club Friendlies)
- September 04, 2022 – GA-Eagles [3 – 4] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- May 12, 2022 – GA-Eagles [0 – 1] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- August 22, 2021 – Feyenoord [2 – 0] GA-Eagles (Eredivisie)
Feyenoord – Last 5 Match Results
- August 27, 2023 – Feyenoord [6 – 1] Almere City (Eredivisie)
- September 03, 2023 – Utrecht [1 – 5] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
- September 16, 2023 – Feyenoord [6 – 1] Heerenveen (Eredivisie)
- September 20, 2023 – Feyenoord [2 – 0] Celtic (UEFA Champions League)
- September 27, 2023 – AFC Ajax [0 – 4] Feyenoord (Eredivisie)
GA Eagles – Last 5 Match Results
- August 20, 2023 – GA-Eagles [4 – 1] Volendam (Eredivisie)
- September 02, 2023 – GA-Eagles [3 – 2] Heerenveen (Eredivisie)
- September 17, 2023 – PEC Zwolle [1 – 1] GA-Eagles (Eredivisie)
- September 23, 2023 – GA-Eagles [3 – 0] Fortuna Sittard (Eredivisie)
- September 27, 2023 – PSV Eindhoven [3 – 0] GA-Eagles (Eredivisie)