The Osasuna team will challenge the Atletico team in a Matchday 7 Spanish La Liga in Estadio El Sadar Stadium, Pamplona on Thursday, September 28, 2023. For streaming coverage of Osasuna vs Atletico, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Osasuna will host Atletico Madrid at the El Sadar stadium in Week 7 of La Liga 2023/24 on Thursday (28/9). This will be a difficult match for the home team, especially for Osasuna who is in the relegation zone with only 4 points from 6 matches. Meanwhile, Atletico is in 5th place with 12 points, and has the ambition to enter the Top 4 with a win in this match.
Osasuna has not had a good performance in recent weeks. They only won 1 time in the last 7 matches in all competitions, namely when they beat Levante 2-1 at home. However, they also lost 4 times and drew 2 times, including defeats 0-3 to Barcelona and 1-4 to Sevilla. Osasuna’s defense is very fragile, conceding 13 goals in 7 matches, an average of almost 2 goals per game.
Atletico, on the other hand, have rediscovered their form after a less than convincing start to the season. They are fresh from a big 3-1 win over city rivals Real Madrid in the derby last weekend, with Morata scoring twice and Griezmann scoring once.
Morata and Griezmann have contributed 7 goals for Atletico in La Liga this season, and are a big threat to Osasuna’s defense. Atletico also have a good record against Osasuna, having won their last 10 games against them in all competitions.
Osasuna will play without two of their key players, namely midfielder Darko Brasanac and defender Jon Moncayola, who are injured. Centre-back Unai Garcia is also doubtful. Coach Jagoba Arrasate will likely use a 4-4-2 formation, with Ruben Garcia and Ante Budimir as the main attackers. They will hope to create a surprise in front of their own supporters.
Atletico also has several players absent due to injury, such as Reinildo, Vitolo, Thomas Lemar, Caglar Soyuncu and Rodrigo de Paul. However, they still have a strong and experienced squad, with coach Diego Simeone set to field his usual 3-5-2 formation. Morata and Griezmann will spearhead the attack, supported by Koke, Saul and Marcos Llorente in midfield.
Looking at the latest performance, Osasuna does not have much hope of facing Atletico, who is in top form and has a big advantage in the history of meetings. Atletico also has high motivation to chase the top four positions, and will not give Osasuna the opportunity to steal points.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Osasuna vs Atletico match at Estadio El Sadar Stadium, Pamplona can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2023/2024 Matchday 7 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 15:30 ET.
|Match||Osasuna vs. Atlético Madrid|
|Competition||2023/2024 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 7|
|Venue||Estadio El Sadar Stadium, Pamplona|
|Date||Thursday, September 28, 2023|
See also info regarding other Osasuna vs Atletico matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Osasuna (4-3-3)||Atletico (3-5-2)|
5 H2H Latest Osasuna – Atletico
- May 21, 2023 – Atletico Madrid [3 – 0] Osasuna (La Liga)
- January 29, 2023 – Osasuna [0 – 1] Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
- February 19, 2022 – Osasuna [0 – 3] Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
- November 21, 2021 – Atletico Madrid [1 – 0] Osasuna (La Liga)
- May 16, 2021 – Atletico Madrid [2 – 1] Osasuna (La Liga)
Osasuna – Last 5 Match Results
- August 28, 2023 – Valencia [1 – 2] Osasuna (La Liga)
- September 01, 2023 – Club Brugge [2 – 2] Osasuna (Europa Conference League)
- September 04, 2023 – Osasuna [1 – 2] Barcelona (La Liga)
- September 17, 2023 – Getafe [3 – 2] Osasuna (La Liga)
- September 23, 2023 – Osasuna [0 – 0] Sevilla (La Liga)
Atletico – Last 5 Match Results
- August 25, 2023 – Numancia [0 – 2] Atletico Madrid (Club Friendlies)
- August 29, 2023 – Rayo Vallecano [0 – 7] Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
- September 16, 2023 – Valencia [3 – 0] Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
- September 20, 2023 – Lazio [1 – 1] Atletico Madrid (UEFA Champions League)
- September 25, 2023 – Atletico Madrid [3 – 1] Real Madrid (La Liga)