The Porto team will challenge the Gil Vicente team in a Matchday 6 Portuguese Primeira Liga in Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto on Saturday, September 23, 2023. For streaming coverage of Porto vs Gil Vicente, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
Porto will look to maintain their unbeaten record in the Primeira Liga when they host Gil Vicente at the Estadio do Dragao on Sunday this weekend. The visitors, meanwhile, are looking for their first points on the road this season after losing their first two away league games.
Porto have started the new season well after losing their league title to rivals Benfica last season. They won five and drew one of their first five games in the Primeira Liga. Sergio Conceicao’s side also started their Champions League campaign with a 3-1 win over Shakhtar Donetsk in midweek, thanks to two goals from Galeno and one from Mehdi Taremi.
With Porto facing Benfica next week, they will want to continue building momentum by achieving a third straight win in all competitions this weekend.
On the other hand, Gil Vicente has had an entertaining start to the season, scoring 13 goals in six league games. They picked up a dominant 5-0 home win over Portimonense in their opener, but then lost three in a row. Gil Vicente bounced back last weekend by beating Estoril 5-3 in an eight-goal thriller, with five different players scoring for the visitors.
Gil Vicente will try to end a streak of eight consecutive away defeats in the top flight. They can draw inspiration from the fact that their last away win came against Porto in February, when they won 2-1 in dramatic fashion.
In terms of team news ahead of the match, Porto were unable to field Marcano who suffered a serious knee injury in their league win over Estrela. Evanilson and Gabriel Veron are also out through injury, while Zaidu Sanusi is doubtful after coming off in the first half against Shakhtar. Meanwhile, Gil Vicente is also without two long-term injured players, namely Stanislav Kritsyuk and Ali Alipour. They have no players suspended for this match.
Talking about who has the bigger chance, Porto are a stronger and more consistent team than Gil Vicente, and they have a big home advantage. They also have extra motivation to win ahead of the meeting with Benfica next week.
Meanwhile, Gil Vicente has quite good hitting power, but they are also prone to conceding a lot of goals. They have never picked up points on the road this season, and will likely struggle against Porto who are on fire. Therefore, Porto is expected to still win over Gil Vicente.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Porto vs Gil Vicente match at Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto can be watched live streaming. Primeira Liga 2023 Matchday 6 match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 15:30 ET.
|Match||Porto vs. Gil Vicente|
|Competition||2023 Primeira Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 6|
|Venue||Estádio Do Dragão Stadium, Porto|
|Date||Saturday, September 23, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Porto vs Gil Vicente matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Porto (4-3-3)||Gil Vicente (4-5-1)|
5 H2H Latest Porto – Gil Vicente
- February 27, 2023 – Porto [1 – 2] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- December 22, 2022 – Porto [2 – 0] Gil Vicente (League)
- September 04, 2022 – Gil Vicente [0 – 2] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- February 28, 2022 – Porto [1 – 1] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- September 25, 2021 – Gil Vicente [1 – 2] Porto (Primeira Liga)
Porto – Last 5 Match Results
- August 21, 2023 – Porto [2 – 1] Farense (Primeira Liga)
- August 29, 2023 – Rio Ave [1 – 2] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- September 04, 2023 – Porto [1 – 1] Arouca (Primeira Liga)
- September 16, 2023 – Estrela [0 – 1] Porto (Primeira Liga)
- September 20, 2023 – Shakhtar Donetsk [1 – 3] Porto (UEFA Champions League)
Gil Vicente – Last 5 Match Results
- August 12, 2023 – Gil Vicente [5 – 0] Portimonense (Primeira Liga)
- August 19, 2023 – Vitoria Guimaraes [2 – 1] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- August 27, 2023 – Gil Vicente [2 – 3] Benfica (Primeira Liga)
- September 02, 2023 – Vizela [1 – 0] Gil Vicente (Primeira Liga)
- September 17, 2023 – Gil Vicente [5 – 3] Estoril (Primeira Liga)