The Paris Saint-Germain team will challenge the Borussia Dortmund team in a 1e ronde Champions League in Parc des Princes Stadium, Paris on Tuesday, September 19, 2023. For streaming coverage of PSG vs Borussia Dortmund, preview and how to watch it, see in this article.
PSG will host Dortmund in the first match of Group F of the 2023/24 Champions League on Tuesday afternoon 19/9. This is the third meeting between the two teams in European competition, after they met in the last 16 of the 2019/20 season.
PSG is currently experiencing a crisis of confidence after losing 2-3 to Nice at home in Ligue 1. This is their worst result since Qatar took over the club in 2011. They only got 8 points from 5 matches, and are ranked 1st. -7 in the standings.
Coach Luis Enrique admitted that the defeat was very disappointing, but he remained optimistic that his team could bounce back against Dortmund. He will also make several important changes in the line-up to improve his team’s balance and aggressiveness.
Mbappe is a key player for PSG, scoring 6 goals in the last 5 matches in all competitions. He was also PSG’s top scorer in the Champions League last season with 8 goals. However, he cannot do it alone, and needs support from his colleagues.
PSG also have to improve their poor record at home, where they lost 5 times in the last 9 matches. If they lose again to Dortmund in their Champions League opener, it will be a big disaster for them.
Dortmund, on the other hand, is in excellent form. They are unbeaten in the last 20 matches in all competitions, including 14 wins and 6 draws. They also recently beat Freiburg 4-2 in the Bundesliga to show their readiness for the trip to the Parc des Princes.
Coach Edin Terzic will not change the same line-up as when beating Freiburg. He hopes to break the deadlock because Dortmund have never won at the Parc des Princes in their two previous visits. Dortmund lost 0-2 in 2010, and lost 0-1 in 2020. However, they will not be afraid to face a faltering PSG, and will try to achieve their first win in Paris.
Hosting strong guests from Germany, PSG will have to fight hard to overcome a crisis of confidence and improve their performance at home. They also have to rely on Mbappe to score goals and create opportunities. However, Dortmund has the advantage in terms of strength, formation and performance. They also have many players who can score goals and make the difference. Dortmund is expected to gain 3 points in this match.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Paris Saint-Germain vs Borussia Dortmund match at Parc des Princes Stadium, Paris can be watched live streaming. UEFA Champions League 2023/2024 1e ronde match broadcast on CBS Sports or Paramount+ starting 15:00 ET.
|Match||Paris Saint-Germain vs. Borussia Dortmund|
|Competition||2023/2024 UEFA Champions League|
|Match day||1e ronde|
|Venue||Parc des Princes Stadium, Paris|
|Date||Tuesday, September 19, 2023|
|Official TV||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
|Streaming Link||CBS Sports or Paramount+|
See also info regarding other PSG vs Borussia Dortmund matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Paris Saint-Germain (4-3-3)||Borussia Dortmund (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Paris Saint-Germain – Borussia Dortmund
- March 12, 2020 – PSG [2 – 0] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Champions League)
- February 19, 2020 – Borussia Dortmund [2 – 1] PSG (UEFA Champions League)
- November 05, 2010 – PSG [0 – 0] Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Europa League)
- October 22, 2010 – Borussia Dortmund [1 – 1] PSG (UEFA Europa League)
Paris Saint-Germain – Last 5 Match Results
- August 13, 2023 – PSG [0 – 0] Lorient (Ligue 1)
- August 20, 2023 – Toulouse [1 – 1] PSG (Ligue 1)
- August 27, 2023 – PSG [3 – 1] RCLens (Ligue 1)
- September 04, 2023 – Lyon [1 – 4] PSG (Ligue 1)
- September 16, 2023 – PSG [2 – 3] OGC-Nice (Ligue 1)
Borussia Dortmund – Last 5 Match Results
- August 12, 2023 – Schott Mainz [1 – 6] Borussia Dortmund (DFB Pokal)
- August 19, 2023 – Borussia Dortmund [1 – 0] FC Cologne (Bundesliga)
- August 26, 2023 – Bochum [1 – 1] Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)
- September 02, 2023 – Borussia Dortmund [2 – 2] Heidenheim (Bundesliga)
- September 16, 2023 – Freiburg [2 – 4] Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)