Arsenal will face Sevilla in the 11th edition of the Emirates Cup being held at the Emirates Stadium, London, on Saturday, 30 July 2022, kick-off at 12:30 BST. This match also closes a series of pre-season tours carried out by the Gunners before entering the new season.
Arsenal appeared primed by incised wins in five consecutive friendlies before having to admit the advantage of Brentford 1-2 before hosting Sevilla. Among the five positive notes, a 4-0 win over Chelsea was in the spotlight before Mikel Arteta’s squad started the new Premier League season against Crystal Palace.
At that time, Gabriel Jesus, who just joined Arsenal this summer, contributed the opening goal which was followed by the actions of Martin Odegaard, Bukayo Saka and Albert Sambi Lokonga. Unfortunately, Eddie Nketiah’s single goal against Brentford was unable to balance the two goals scored by Bryan Mbeumo and Ryan Trevitt.
As hosts, Arsenal have won the Emirates Cup five times – in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2015 and 2017. The Gunners lost their reigning title in the final edition of the pre-season tournament in 2019 to Moussa Dembele’s missed brace for Lyon Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s goal was matched by a single goal.
In line with the host camp, Sevilla is also making a positive note in this year’s pre-season tour. Los Palanganas opened a series of friendly matches by drawing 1-1 with Tottenham Hotspur before beating Sporting CP 2-1 and beating French club Angers with six goals without reply through the actions of Lucas Ocampos, Youssef En-Nesyri, Jesus Corona, Erik Lamela, Oliver Torres, and Ivan Romero.
After facing Arsenal, Julen Lopetegui’s side must immediately visit Leicester City to conclude their pre-season tour before entering the new La Liga season. Sevilla had previously traveled to London to participate in the Emirates Cup in 2017.
At that time, which also marked the last head-to-head meeting with Arsenal, Sevilla managed to beat the Gunners 2-1 and RB Leipzig 1-0. However, Arsenal still lifted the trophy because they were superior in the number of goals.
Arsenal vs Sevilla Live Streaming
You can watch the fierce Arsenal vs Sevilla duel live streaming. This Friendly Match match will be broadcast on Arsenal TV live from Emirates Stadium (London) starting at 12:30 BST.
Here’s the live streaming link:
|Match||Arsenal vs Sevilla|
|Competition||Friendly Match 2022-2023|
|Venue||Emirates Stadium (London)|
|Date||Saturday, July 30, 2022|
|Official TV||Arsenal TV|
|Streaming link||Arsenal TV / FootballTv|
**) Resepbyta is not responsible for the link and broadcast quality.
Arsenal – Sevilla Head-to-Head
- July 30, 2017 – Arsenal [1 – 2] Sevilla (Emirates Cup)
- November 28, 2007 – Sevilla [3 – 1] Arsenal (UEFA Champions League)
- September 20, 2007 – Arsenal [3 – 0] Sevilla (UEFA Champions League)
- May 22, 2022 – Arsenal [5 – 1] Everton (EPL)
- July 08, 2022 – Nürnberg [3 – 5] Arsenal (Club Friendlies)
- July 17, 2022 – Arsenal [2 – 0] Everton (Club Friendlies)
- July 21, 2022 – Orlando City [1 – 3] Arsenal (Club Friendlies)
- July 24, 2022 – Arsenal [4 – 0] Chelsea (League)
- May 16, 2022 – Atletico Madrid [1 – 1] Sevilla (La Liga)
- May 23, 2022 – Sevilla [1 – 0] Athletic Bilbao (La Liga)
- July 16, 2022 – Tottenham Hotspur [1 – 1] Sevilla (Club Friendlies)
- July 25, 2022 – Sporting Lisbon [1 – 1 P] Sevilla (Club Friendlies)
- July 28, 2022 – Sevilla [6 – 0] Angers (Club Friendlies)
Arsenal vs Sevilla Line-up Prediction
|Arsenal (4-2-3-1)||Sevilla (4-2-3-1)|