Chelsea will face Brighton in week 31 of the 2022/2023 English Premier League which can be watched via live streaming on Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV on Saturday, April 15 2023, ET.
The home side had just been humiliated 2-0 by Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League in midweek and had to put their dream of becoming European champions this season behind them.
If they want to play in Europe again next year, the Blues must really improve their performance, because they have played four times without being able to score goals in all competitions for the first time since 1993.
Frank Lampard who became an impromptu manager said ‘great things can happen at Stamford Bridge’, but that’s just nonsense, because Chelsea have won only once in their last six Premier League home games, and only scored in two of them. The Blues have also failed to score a first-half goal in their last eight league games at home, their poorest record in the Premier League era.
Brighton come to London on the back of their first away defeat since October, although they felt hurt by a refereeing decision in their 2-1 loss to Tottenham last week. Roberto De Zerbi, who is the head coach, cannot give instructions here, even though the Seagulls want to continue to compete to finish in the top six.
De Zerbi picked up his first win as Brighton manager against Chelsea but he will have to keep his players focused as there is an FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United next week which could distract them. Brighton are also looking to get revenge for three straight defeats in the PL, and with a record as one of the best away teams in the division with 22 points this season, they will not be easily beaten by Chelsea.
Alexis Mac Allister, Kaoru Mitoma and Solly March are Brighton & Hove Albion’s attacking trio this season with eight, seven and six goals respectively.
On the other hand, Kai Havertz is Chelsea’s top player this season with seven goals, three of which opened the scoring in the match.
Game Info & Live Streaming Links
Chelsea will play Brighton in the Premier League on Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV. You can watch the live stream of the match here.
|Match||Chelsea vs. Brighton & Hove Albion|
|Competition||2022/2023 Premier League|
|Match day||week 31|
|Venue||Stamford Bridge Stadium, London|
|Date||Saturday, April 15 2023|
|Official TV||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
|Streaming Link||Peacock, SiriusXM FC, NBC Sports, or Sling TV|
Disclaimer: The links listed are for informational purposes only. The resepbyta.com team is not responsible for copyright, changes to match schedules and broadcast quality..
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Chelsea and Brighton have met 13 times in all competitions, with the Blues superior with six wins, five draws and two defeats. Chelsea have never lost to Brighton at their home ground, with three wins and two draws in the last five meetings.
Lampart’s men have scored 22 goals in 13 games against Brighton, an average of 1.69 goals per game. Eight of those goals were scored at home and 14 away. Chelsea have conceded just 13 goals in 13 games against Brighton, an average of 1 goal per game. Only one goal has conceded them at home and 12 away.
Brighton have won just two of their 13 games against Chelsea, both at their home ground. They have never won at Stamford Bridge.
Brighton have scored 13 goals in 13 matches against Chelsea, an average of 1 goal per game. 12 of those goals were scored at home and only one away.
Brighton have conceded 22 goals in 13 games against Chelsea, an average of 1.69 goals per game. 14 of those goals have come against them at home and eight on the road.
|Chelsea (4-3-3)||Brighton (4-2-3-1)|
5 H2H Latest Chelsea – Brighton
- October 29, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [4 – 1] Chelsea (EPL)
- January 19, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 1] Chelsea (EPL)
- December 30, 2021 – Chelsea [1 – 1] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- April 21, 2021 – Chelsea [0 – 0] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- September 15, 2020 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 3] Chelsea (EPL)
Chelsea – Last 5 Match Results
- March 19, 2023 – Chelsea [2 – 2] Everton (EPL)
- April 01, 2023 – Chelsea [0 – 2] Aston Villa (EPL)
- April 05, 2023 – Chelsea [0 – 0] Liverpool (EPL)
- April 08, 2023 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [1 – 0] Chelsea (EPL)
- April 13, 2023 – Real Madrid [2 – 0] Chelsea (UEFA Champions League)
Brighton – Last 5 Match Results
- March 16, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [1 – 0] Crystal Palace (EPL)
- March 19, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [5 – 0] Grimsby Town (FA Cup)
- April 01, 2023 – Brighton & Hove Albion [3 – 3] Brentford (EPL)
- April 05, 2023 – AFC Bournemouth [0 – 2] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- April 08, 2023 – Tottenham Hotspur [2 – 1] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)