Aston Villa FC will face Liverpool FC in week 33 of the Premier League 2021-2022 which can be watched via live streaming on BT Sport on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, BST.
Only being able to share one point with Tottenham Hotspur last weekend pushed Liverpool back into second place in the standings, three points behind Manchester City. This situation has forced the Reds to make the most of their last three league matches, including against Aston Villa in the postponed matchday 33 of the Premier League 2021-2022 which will be held at Villa Park Stadium on Tuesday, 10 May 2022 starting at 8pm local time.
Son Heung Min first managed to outwit the Liverpool defense and rip apart Alisson’s goal before Luis Diaz managed to balance the position by using an assist from Rodrigo Bentancur. Although not on target, the draw has succeeded in extending Liverpool’s unbeaten run in the last 16 league matches.
However, with only one additional point, the task of Jurgen Klopp’s team to end the season with the title is even more difficult. Moreover, apart from the Premier League, Liverpool also have to face two final matches that will make it possible to reap a quadruple aka four trophies in a season – facing Chelsea in the FA Cup final and Real Madrid in the Champions League final.
|Match||Aston Villa FC vs Liverpool FC|
|Competition||Premier League 2021-2022|
|Venue||Villa Park (Birmingham)|
|Date||Tuesday, May 10, 2022|
|Official TV||BT Sport|
|Streaming TV||BT Sport|
A busy schedule can be an obstacle for Mohamed Salah and his colleagues to perform optimally. Moreover, the hosts welcomed with full confidence after successfully defeating Norwich City and Burnley in a row.
Even the success of collecting seven of nine available points makes Steven Gerrard’s men able to compete in the middle of the standings, being in 11th place with a total of 43 points from 34 matches. By having the advantage of one postponed match, Villa has a great opportunity to swing into the top ten positions, especially if they successfully beat Liverpool.
Despite having to admit the Reds’ superiority in the last three head-to-head meetings across competitions, Villa has a record of results that can be a driving force for motivation, the 7-2 victory that they scored when they hosted Liverpool in the league match in October 2020. Previously, Villa had also succeeded silenced Liverpool’s resistance 5-0 when they visited Villa Park Stadium in December 2019 in the League Cup.
However, on their last visit in the FA Cup competition in January 2021, Liverpool managed to beat Aston Villa with a landslide score of 4-1 through a Sadio Mane brace and goals from Mohamed Salah and Georginio Wijnaldum.
|Aston Villa FC (4-3-1-2)||Liverpool FC (4-3-3)|
H2H Latest Aston Villa FC – Liverpool FC
- Dec 11, 2021 – Liverpool FC [1-0] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
- Apr 10, 2021 – Liverpool FC [2-1] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
- Jan 08, 2021 – Aston Villa FC [1-4] Liverpool FC (FA Cup)
- Oct 04, 2020 – Aston Villa FC [7-2] Liverpool FC (EPL)
- Dec 30, 1899 – Liverpool FC [2-0] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
Last 5 Match Results
Aston Villa FC
- Apr 02, 2022 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [2-1] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
- Apr 09, 2022 – Aston Villa FC [0-4] Tottenham Hotspur FC (EPL)
- Apr 23, 2022 – Leicester City FC [0-0] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
- Apr 30, 2022 – Aston Villa FC [2-0] Norwich City FC (EPL)
- May 07, 2022 – Burnley FC [1-3] Aston Villa FC (EPL)
- Apr 24, 2022 – Liverpool FC [2-0] Everton FC (EPL)
- Apr 27, 2022 – Liverpool FC [2-0] Villarreal (Champions League)
- Apr 30, 2022 – Newcastle United FC [0-1] Liverpool FC (EPL)
- May 03, 2022 – Villarreal [2-3] Liverpool FC (Champions League)
- May 07, 2022 – Liverpool FC [1-1] Tottenham Hotspur FC (EPL)