Manchester City will face Newcastle United in week 36 of the English Premier League 2021-2022 which can be watched via live streaming on BT Sport on Sunday, 08 May 2022, BST.
After failing to qualify for the Champions League final, Manchester City must refocus on pursuing the 2021-2022 Premier League title through the four remaining matches they have, including when they host Newcastle United in week 36, Sunday 8 May 2022 at 4.30pm local time in Etihad Stadium.
Disappointment pervades Pep Guardiola’s squad after their dream of traveling to Paris to face their toughest EPL rivals this season, Liverpool, in Europe’s most prestigious competition, vanished. Rodrygo’s two consecutive goals plus a Karim Benzema penalty in extra time broke City’s advantage, which had taken the lead through Riyad Mahrez’s goal in the second leg.
But The Citizens must immediately rise to pursue the only chance to get the title this season. Especially after Liverpool were held to a draw by Tottenham Hotspur, City automatically had the opportunity to widen the distance with the Reds to three points.
|Match||Manchester City vs Newcastle United|
|Competition||Premier League 2021-2022|
|Venue||Etihad Stadium (Manchester)|
|Official TV||BT Sport|
|Streaming TV||BT Sport|
For that, victory at home to Newcastle United is absolutely necessary. The skill of Kevin de Bruyne and his teammates demonstrated by winning streaks in the last three league games, scoring a total of 12 goals and conceding just one, is indispensable.
Despite being well behind City in position, pressed in 13th with 43 points after Brentford, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace had picked up the three points earlier this week, Newcastle United’s comeback under Eddie Howe is something to watch out for. The club, which had been overshadowed by relegation, managed to get into the middle of the standings and has the potential to climb into the top 10 if they were able to beat City.
The Magpies would love to get back to winning ways as they did in four successive league games before conceding Liverpool’s lead in the last game. Wolverhampton Wanderers, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Norwich City have tasted the ferocity of Newcastle having scored a total of seven goals and conceded just one in that period.
According to their head-to-head record, Newcastle have not won a league game in their last 16 visits to the Etihad Stadium (2 draws, 14 losses), including a losing streak in the last 12 visits. Even the victory at St. James Park in January 2019 was Newcastle’s only win in their last 28 league meetings with City (4 draws, 23 losses).
|Manchester City (4-3-3)||Newcastle United (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Manchester City – Newcastle United
- Dec 19, 2021 – Newcastle United [0-4] Manchester City (EPL)
- May 14, 2021 – Newcastle United [3-4] Manchester City (EPL)
- Dec 26, 2020 – Manchester City [2-0] Newcastle United (EPL)
- Jul 08, 2020 – Manchester City [5-0] Newcastle United (EPL)
- Jun 28, 2020 – Newcastle United [0-2] Manchester City (FA Cup)
Last 5 Match Results
- Apr 20, 2022 – Manchester City [3-0] Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)
- Apr 23, 2022 – Manchester City [5-1] Watford (EPL)
- Apr 26, 2022 – Manchester City [4-3] Real Madrid (Champions League)
- Apr 30, 2022 – Leeds United AFC [0-4] Manchester City (EPL)
- May 04, 2022 – Real Madrid [E3-1E] Manchester City (Champions League)
- Apr 08, 2022 – Newcastle United [1-0] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- Apr 17, 2022 – Newcastle United [2-1] Leicester City (EPL)
- Apr 20, 2022 – Newcastle United [1-0] Crystal Palace (EPL)
- Apr 23, 2022 – Norwich City [0-3] Newcastle United (EPL)
- Apr 30, 2022 – Newcastle United [0-1] Liverpool (EPL)