Brighton & Hove Albion football team will face Manchester United in Premier League 2021/2022 match day 36 on Saturday, 07.05.2022. The match will be streamed live on BT Sport, local time.
Although the road to next season’s Champions League is almost closed, Manchester United still needs additional points from the remaining two games to be able to swing into the Europa League. One of them is through a visit to the Amex Stadium to challenge Brighton & Hove Albion in week 36 of the 2021-2022 Premier League, Saturday 7 May 2022 starting at 5.30pm local time.
Appearing less consistent this season has made Man United fail to compete in the race for the EPL title. It is even difficult for Ralf Rangnick’s men to qualify for the top four with still five points behind Arsenal and only two games remaining until the end of the season.
|Match||Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United|
|Venue||The American Express Community Stadium (Falmer, East Sussex)|
|Official TV||BT Sport|
|Streaming TV||BT Sport|
Being in sixth place with 58 points has also not made the Red Devils’ position safe to be able to compete in Europe next season. Moreover, West Ham United, who still have three games remaining, continue to target with a difference of only six points.
A 3-0 win over Brentford in the last home game of the season is expected to spur the fighting spirit of Cristiano Ronaldo and his teammates. The thing is, Brighton also has an interest in adding as many points as possible in order to make a new history to improve their best record to date, ending the season in 13th place in 1982.
Graham Potter’s squad is fighting in the middle of the table, precisely in ninth place with 44 points from 35 matches. Brighton also hosted Man United with a 3-0 win obtained when they visited Wolves last week.
Unfortunately, Brighton’s charming appearance this season has not been accompanied by a capable home game record. The Seagulls have failed to win in their last eight home games (4 draws, 4 losses), in fact only managed to win three of 17 matches at Amex Stadium this season.
Based on the record of head-to-head meetings, Brighton are confirmed to be the underdog team when they host Manchester United. The reason is, after making a 3-2 win in August 2018, Brighton had to admit Man United winning streak in the last seven H2H meetings.
|Brighton & Hove Albion (3-4-2-1)||Manchester United (4-2-3-1)|
H2H Results Last 5 Matches Brighton & Hove Albion – Manchester United
- Feb 15, 2022 – Manchester United [2-0] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 04, 2021 – Manchester United [2-1] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Sep 30, 2020 – Brighton & Hove Albion [0-3] Manchester United
- Sep 26, 2020 – Brighton & Hove Albion [2-3] Manchester United
- Jun 30, 2020 – Brighton & Hove Albion [0-3] Manchester United
Last 5 Match Results
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 09, 2022 – Arsenal [1-2] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 16, 2022 – Tottenham Hotspur [0-1] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 20, 2022 – Manchester City [3-0] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 24, 2022 – Brighton & Hove Albion [2-2] Southampton
- Apr 30, 2022 – Wolverhampton Wanderers [0-3] Brighton & Hove Albion
- Apr 23, 2022 – Arsenal [3-1] Manchester United
- Apr 28, 2022 – Manchester United [1-1] Chelsea
- May 02, 2022 – Manchester United [3-0] Brentford