On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 Valladolid will compete against Barcelona in the Matchday 36 of the La Liga match. Watch here, Valladolid vs Barcelona live streaming, preview and how to watch it.
Valladolid are on the brink of relegation and need points to host Barca, a team that has already won La Liga and has no motivation to play anymore. But Valladolid also has to face tough challenges because Barca is the team with the best away performance this season.
Real Valladolid is only ahead of Getafe in 18th place on a head-to-head basis. They have lost five times in a row, including from teams that are in direct competition such as Valencia and Cadiz. This is a crucial phase for Valladolid’s fortunes as they will meet Barca, Almeria and Getafe in the last three rounds.
Valladolid cannot rely on home advantage as they have only won 24 points from 17 matches at home. They also don’t have fond memories of Barca having lost six times in a row to the Catalan team, including a 0-4 defeat in the first leg at Camp Nou.
On the other hand, Barcelona have officially won La Liga after a 2-2 draw with Sociedad at Camp Nou. It was their fourth defeat in La Liga this season. Even though they don’t have a target anymore, Barca will still play seriously to respect the relegation competition of other teams.
FC Barcelona is the best away form in La Liga this season with 40 points from 17 matches. Last time visiting Municipal Stadium Jose Zorrilla, Barca won easily with a score of 3-0.
Barca did not have many problems in terms of team strength for this game. Only Pedri and Ronald Araujo were absent. Gavi is out of suspension and ready to play. Barca’s front line is also very strong with the possibility of Ousmane Dembele starting. Raphinha also has the opportunity to play the main role even though he has to compete with Ferran Torres and Ansu Fati.
Coach Xavi will field his strongest team to win for Barca. That is something that Valladolid should be worried about because they don’t have many chances to score points in this game.
Prediction while Valladolid vs Barcelona, Barca is more favored than Valladolid in this match. They will dominate the game and create many dangerous opportunities. That was something that was difficult for Valladolid to contain, who had to play attacking for points.
This game will be a lot of goals because both teams want to win. Barca has a very effective front line to penetrate Valladolid’s defense. And when they fell behind, Valladolid would not give up and tried to equalize. Therefore, one can expect an interesting match, and accompanied by a high number of corners after Barca scored.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Valladolid vs Barcelona match at Municipal José Zorrilla Stadium, Valladolid can be watched live streaming. La Liga 2022/2023 Matchday 36 match broadcast on ESPN+ starting 16:00 ET.
|Match||Real Valladolid vs. FC Barcelona|
|Competition||2022/2023 La Liga|
|Match day||Matchday 36|
|Venue||Municipal José Zorrilla Stadium, Valladolid|
|Date||Tuesday, May 23, 2023|
See also info regarding other Valladolid vs Barcelona matches:
|Valladolid (3-4-3)||Barcelona (4-3-3)|
|Olaza||F de Jong|
5 H2H Latest Valladolid – Barcelona
- August 29, 2022 – Barcelona [4 – 0] Valladolid (La Liga)
- April 06, 2021 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Valladolid (La Liga)
- December 23, 2020 – Valladolid [0 – 3] Barcelona (La Liga)
- July 12, 2020 – Valladolid [0 – 1] Barcelona (La Liga)
- October 30, 2019 – Barcelona [5 – 1] Valladolid (La Liga)
Valladolid – Last 5 Match Results
- April 28, 2023 – Valencia [2 – 1] Valladolid (La Liga)
- May 01, 2023 – Valladolid [2 – 5] Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
- May 05, 2023 – Rayo Vallecano [2 – 1] Valladolid (La Liga)
- May 14, 2023 – Valladolid [0 – 3] Sevilla (La Liga)
- May 20, 2023 – Cadiz [2 – 0] Valladolid (La Liga)
Barcelona – Last 5 Match Results
- April 27, 2023 – Rayo Vallecano [2 – 1] Barcelona (La Liga)
- April 30, 2023 – Barcelona [4 – 0] Betis (La Liga)
- May 03, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 0] Osasuna (La Liga)
- May 15, 2023 – Espanyol [2 – 4] Barcelona (La Liga)
- May 21, 2023 – Barcelona [1 – 2] Sociedad (La Liga)