The Canada national team will face the Guadeloupe national team in 1st round of the Concacaf Gold Cup on Tuesday, June 27, 2023. Live streaming of Canada vs Guadeloupe, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Canada is the strongest team in Group D Gold Cup 2023 and has ambitions to qualify for the quarter-finals with a perfect record. They have some quality players who can make a difference on the pitch. Despite not naming some of their stars like Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David, Cyle Larin, and Tajon Buchanan, they still have some talented new players like Jacen Russell-Rowe, Ali Ahmed, Victor Loturi, Zac McGraw, Moise Bombito, Dominick Zator, and Tom McGill.
Canada is also in good form winning 3 of their last 4 matches by a big goal difference. They only lost 0-2 to the United States which is one of the best teams in the region. Canada also has a good record in the Gold Cup by winning the title in 2000 and finishing runners-up in 2002 and 2007.
Meanwhile, Guadeloupe is an auxiliary team that only qualified for the Gold Cup through qualifying. They don’t have players who are well-known or experienced at international level. Only senior defender Meddy Lina can be relied on as a team leader. He is the most experienced player from Guadeloupe to take part in the 2023 Gold Cup.
Guadeloupe also did not have good preparation as they lost their last 8 matches in the Gold Cup final. They have won only 2 of their last 10 matches in all competitions. Although they managed to score 7 goals without conceding in those 2 wins against Antigua & Barbuda and Guyana but it was not enough to rival much stronger Canada.
In its history, Canada and Guadeloupe have met only 2 times before and both teams have won and lost once. However, it happened in 2009 and 2011 when Guadeloupe still had some quality players such as Jocelyn Angloma, David Sommeil, Mickael Tacalfred and Richard Socrier. Now, they no longer exist and Guadeloupe has lost its competitiveness.
Hence, it is not surprising that Canada is the favorite to win easily in this match. They have advantages on all fronts and can score many goals against fragile Guadeloupe. Guadeloupe may be able to try to defend and rely on counter-attacks or set pieces, but they will likely be overwhelmed by Canadian pressure.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Canada vs Guadeloupe match at BMO Field Stadium, Toronto can be watched live streaming. Concacaf Gold Cup 2023 1st round match broadcast on Soccer TV starting 19:00 ET.
|Match||Canada vs. Guadeloupe|
|Competition||2023 Concacaf Gold Cup|
|Match day||1st round|
|Venue||BMO Field Stadium, Toronto|
|Date||Tuesday, June 27, 2023|
|Official TV||Soccer TV|
|Streaming Link||Soccer TV|
See also info regarding other Canada vs Guadeloupe matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Canada (3-4-3)||Guadeloupe (4-5-1)|
5 H2H Latest Canada – Guadeloupe
- June 12, 2011 – Canada [1 – 0] Guadeloupe (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- June 09, 2007 – Canada [1 – 2] Guadeloupe (Concacaf Gold Cup)
Canada – Last 5 Match Results
- December 01, 2022 – Canada [1 – 2] Morocco (FIFA World Cup)
- March 26, 2023 – Curaçao [0 – 2] Canada (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 29, 2023 – Canada [4 – 1] Honduras (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 16, 2023 – Panama [0 – 2] Canada (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 19, 2023 – Canada [0 – 2] United States (Concacaf Nations League)
Guadeloupe – Last 5 Match Results
- June 13, 2022 – Guadeloupe [2 – 1] Barbados (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 24, 2023 – Guadeloupe [0 – 1] Antigua and Barbuda (Concacaf Nations League)
- March 27, 2023 – Cuba [1 – 0] Guadeloupe (Concacaf Nations League)
- June 17, 2023 – Antigua and Barbuda [0 – 5] Guadeloupe (Concacaf Gold Cup)
- June 21, 2023 – Guadeloupe [2 – 0] Guyana (Concacaf Gold Cup)