The Norway national team will face the Cyprus national team in 4th round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Tuesday, June 20, 2023. Live streaming of Norway vs Cyprus, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Norway will be looking to pick up their first victory in Euro 2024 qualifying group A when they host Cyprus at the Ullevaal Stadium on Wednesday, 21 June 2023. The home team are in fourth place with one point from three matches, while their guests have not picked up any points and slumped to the bottom of the standings.
Norway has yet to show their best performance in this qualifying round. They lost 0-3 to Spain in their opening match, then only drew 1-1 with Georgia. In the last match, they lost again 0-2 to Scotland who looked impressive.
One of the factors that contributed to Norway’s poor results was the absence of their star, Erling Haaland. The Borussia Dortmund striker suffered a knee injury and had to miss the first two matches. Without Haaland, Norway has lost its power on the front lines.
However, the good news is that Haaland has recovered from his injury and is ready to return to defend his national team. Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world right now, with 41 goals in 41 appearances for club and country this season. His presence will give Norway an injection of motivation and confidence.
Meanwhile, Cyprus also could not show their fangs in this qualifying round. They lost twice to Scotland and Spain with the same score, 0-3. They also struggled to create chances and only had four shots on target in two games.
Cyprus also does not have a star player who can change the course of the game. Their team consists mostly of local players who play in domestic leagues or lower leagues in Europe. They also don’t have the experience of playing in big tournaments like the Euros.
In terms of FIFA rankings, Norway is also far superior to Cyprus. Norway is ranked 44th in the world, while Cyprus is only ranked 115th. Apart from that, Norway also has the advantage of playing in front of its own fans, which of course will provide moral support for the home team.
In terms of head to head, Norway and Cyprus have met six times before, with Norway winning four times and Cyprus winning twice. Their last meeting was back in 2013, when Norway won 2-0 at home to Cyprus.
Based on all these factors, Norway is predicted to be most likely to win against Cyprus. They have more quality players, including Premier League top scorer from Man City, Haaland who has recovered from injury. They also need a win to maintain their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2024. Meanwhile, Cyprus are not holding out much hope and are likely to play defensively.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Norway vs Cyprus match at Ullevaal Stadion Stadium, Oslo can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 4th round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 14:45 ET.
|Match||Norway vs. Cyprus|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||4th round|
|Venue||Ullevaal Stadion Stadium, Oslo|
|Date||Tuesday, June 20, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Norway vs Cyprus matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Norway (4-3-3)||Cyprus (3-4-2-1)|
5 H2H Latest Norway – Cyprus
- November 20, 2018 – Cyprus [0 – 2] Norway (UEFA Nations League)
- September 07, 2018 – Norway [2 – 0] Cyprus (UEFA Nations League)
- September 07, 2013 – Norway [2 – 0] Cyprus (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 17, 2012 – Cyprus [1 – 3] Norway (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 12, 2011 – Norway [3 – 1] Cyprus (Europa Conference League)
Norway – Last 5 Match Results
- November 18, 2022 – Republic of Ireland [1 – 2] Norway (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Norway [1 – 1] Finland (Friendlies)
- March 26, 2023 – Spain [3 – 0] Norway (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Georgia [1 – 1] Norway (Europa Conference League)
- June 17, 2023 – Norway [1 – 2] Scotland (Europa Conference League)
Cyprus – Last 5 Match Results
- November 17, 2022 – Cyprus [0 – 2] Bulgaria (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Israel [2 – 3] Cyprus (Friendlies)
- March 25, 2023 – Scotland [3 – 0] Cyprus (Europa Conference League)
- March 28, 2023 – Armenia [2 – 2] Cyprus (Friendlies)
- June 18, 2023 – Cyprus [1 – 2] Georgia (Europa Conference League)