The Luxembourg national team will face the Liechtenstein national team in 3rd round of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on Saturday, June 17, 2023. Live streaming of Luxembourg vs Liechtenstein, preview, lineup predictions, and how to watch the match live broadcast, can be watched in this article.
Luxembourg, which has only got 1 point and is fifth from bottom, will host Liechtenstein, who have not got any points and are in last place after 2 matches, in the third match of Group J of Euro 2024 qualifiers at the Stade de Luxembourg Stadium.
Home team Luxembourg is in a tough spot as the second weakest team in this group. However, they have put in an excellent performance picking up a point against Slovakia and only losing 0-6 to Portugal in their opening two games.
Even though they haven’t scored a goal in this campaign, this match against Liechtenstein will be a good opportunity for the Luxembourg attack line to show what they are capable of.
Meanwhile, Liechtenstein appeared with many shortcomings in defense. The team handled by Rene Pauritsch has always been a weak point in every group they have participated in, be it the Nations League or the Euro 2024 qualifiers.
Not only that, Liechtenstein is also a team that helps opponents improve their goal difference. This is clearly seen from the 11 goals they had to receive in the first 2 matches against Portugal and Iceland. If they continue to play badly like that, there is no guarantee for their ability to reduce the number of goals conceded at home in the upcoming fixtures.
Despite playing at home, Luxembourg has not benefited from history. Statistics show that in the previous four encounters, the Central European team has been in control with three wins and one draw. In their only match at home in the European zone World Cup qualifiers, Luxembourg had lost heavily by a score of 0-4. However, Luc Holtz’s team is optimistic towards positive results.
If not taking into account the natural defeat to Portugal in the second match recently, then on the opening day, Luxembourg has done their job well by making Slovakia have to share the points after a goalless draw. Meanwhile, Liechtenstein have been beaten by Iceland 0-7 at home, taking their losing streak to 15 in all competitions.
Luxembourg and Liechtenstein both showed a weak line of attack, in the first 2 matches they have not been able to score goals against their opponents. Even though Liechtenstein has a poor defense, they can more or less withstand A’s pressure, therefore the bottom door is a safer choice.
In the last 4 consecutive matches Luxembourg has not been able to score a goal, this figure on the Liechtenstein side is even worse because in the last 7 matches they have not been able to score against the opponent’s goal, the low scoring effectiveness of the two teams can show that the score of this match is also difficult to hope for much although Luxembourg and Liechtenstein both had poor defences.
Live Stream & How To Watch
Luxembourg vs Liechtenstein match at de Luxembourg Stadium, Luxembourg can be watched live streaming. Euro 2024 Qualifiers 2024 3rd round match broadcast on FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ starting 09:00 ET.
|Match||Luxembourg vs. Liechtenstein|
|Competition||Euro 2024 Qualifiers|
|Match day||3rd round|
|Venue||de Luxembourg Stadium, Luxembourg|
|Date||Saturday, June 17, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
|Streaming Link||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
See also info regarding other Luxembourg vs Liechtenstein matches:
Interesting Statistics and Facts
|Luxembourg (4-4-2)||Liechtenstein (5-3-2)|
5 H2H Latest Luxembourg – Liechtenstein
- October 08, 2020 – Luxembourg [1 – 2] Liechtenstein (Friendlies)
- September 08, 2005 – Liechtenstein [3 – 0] Luxembourg (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- October 14, 2004 – Luxembourg [0 – 4] Liechtenstein (UEFA World Cup Qualifiers)
- April 17, 2002 – Luxembourg [3 – 3] Liechtenstein (Friendlies)
Luxembourg – Last 5 Match Results
- November 18, 2022 – Luxembourg [2 – 2] Hungary (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – Luxembourg [0 – 0] Bulgaria (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Slovakia [0 – 0] Luxembourg (Europa Conference League)
- March 27, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 6] Portugal (Europa Conference League)
- June 10, 2023 – Luxembourg [0 – 1] Malta (Friendlies)
Liechtenstein – Last 5 Match Results
- September 23, 2022 – Liechtenstein [0 – 2] Andorra (UEFA Nations League)
- September 25, 2022 – Moldova [2 – 0] Liechtenstein (UEFA Nations League)
- November 17, 2022 – Gibraltar [2 – 0] Liechtenstein (Friendlies)
- March 24, 2023 – Portugal [4 – 0] Liechtenstein (Europa Conference League)
- March 26, 2023 – Liechtenstein [0 – 7] Iceland (Europa Conference League)