|Match||North Macedonia vs. Malta|
|Competition||2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying|
|Match day||1st round|
|Venue||Toše Proeski Arena Stadium, Skopje|
|Date||Thursday, March 23, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
North Macedonia and Malta will start their fight to qualify for Euro 2024 when they meet in Skopje on Thursday night.
In a group that also contains Euro 2021 finalists England and Italy the hosts will be looking to pick up full points as they try to repeat their feat of qualifying for the European tournament for the second year in a row.
Meanwhile Malta, ranked 167th in the world by FIFA, have never appeared at a major event before and their aim in qualifying is to develop new talent and pick up some points.
To face Malta, the home team coach, Igor Angelovski has Goran Pandev. The most senior and well-known player in the North Macedonian squad has made 121 caps and 38 goals for his country. The 38-year-old striker is still a threat to his opponents even though he is no longer playing at the highest club level.
Pandev scored North Macedonia’s opener in their 2-1 shock to Germany in March last year and also scored in his side’s narrow defeat to Portugal in the World Cup play-offs.
Meanwhile, the Malta national team coach, Michele Marcolini, will rely on a talented young player, Kyrian Nwoko. The 24-year-old forward joined Belgian club Lommel SK from Valletta FC in January and scored two goals in eight appearances so far in Belgium’s second league.
Nwoko also scored a vital goal for Malta in their 2-1 defeat of Israel last November and will be hoping to add to his tally for his country when he takes on a fragile North Macedonia defence.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
North Macedonia had won five and drawn one of their previous six encounters with Malta at senior level
North Macedonia have won only two of their last nine competitive matches following their disappointing Nations League C campaign
Malta have scored in four of their last five games including a 2-2 draw against Greece and a 2-1 win over Israel
Malta has never scored more than one goal in a game against North Macedonia
North Macedonia has averaged two goals per game in their last five matches against Malta
- August 12, 2010 – Malta [1 – 1] North Macedonia (Friendlies)
- August 21, 2002 – North Macedonia [5 – 0] Malta (Friendlies)
- November 19, 1998 – Malta [1 – 2] North Macedonia (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- September 07, 1998 – North Macedonia [4 – 0] Malta (UEFA European Championship Qualifiers)
- November 27, 1996 – Malta [0 – 2] North Macedonia (Friendlies)
North Macedonia Performance
- September 23, 2022 – Georgia [2 – 0] North Macedonia (UEFA Nations League)
- September 27, 2022 – North Macedonia [0 – 1] Bulgaria (UEFA Nations League)
- October 22, 2022 – Saudi Arabia [1 – 0] North Macedonia (League)
- November 18, 2022 – North Macedonia [1 – 1] Finland (Friendlies)
- November 20, 2022 – North Macedonia [1 – 3] Azerbaijan (Friendlies)
- June 13, 2022 – Malta [1 – 0] San Marino (UEFA Nations League)
- September 23, 2022 – Estonia [2 – 1] Malta (UEFA Nations League)
- September 28, 2022 – Malta [2 – 1] Israel (Friendlies)
- November 18, 2022 – Malta [2 – 2] Greece (Friendlies)
- November 21, 2022 – Malta [0 – 1] Republic of Ireland (Friendlies)
Possible Starting Lineup:
|North Macedonia (4-4-2)||Malta (3-4-2-1)|
Where to Stream
Star+, ESPN Argentina (Argentina); Sport TV Multiscreen, Sport TV2 (Portugal); Optus Sport (Australia); NOW NET e Claro, ESPN, GUIGO, Star+ (Brazil); iQiyi (China); Sport 2 CZ/SK (Czech Republic); C More Sport 1, C More Suomi (Finland); TV2 Sport X, TV2 Play Denmark (Denmark); Polsat Box Go, Polsat Sport (Poland); Eleven Sports 1 Belgium (Luxembourg); TalkSport Radio UK, BBC Radio 5 Live, Channel 4 (United Kingdom); DAZN (Switzerland); TV 2 Play, TV6 Sweden, TV2 Sport Premium (Norway); beIN Sports Connect New Zealand, Sky Sport 7 beIN Sports (New Zealand); DAZN, Puls 24 (Austria); Sport 3, Sport 1 (Israel); Eleven Sports 1 Belgium (Belgium); Alpha TV (Greece); SPOTV ON (Korea Republic), more here.
Tonight there is an exciting match between North Macedonia vs Malta in the 2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying competition. If nothing changes, of course you can watch the live broadcast and live streaming of North Macedonia vs Malta via the FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ platforms.
Live Stream Info
Held at the Toše Proeski Arena Stadium, Skopje on Thursday, March 23, 2023, the North Macedonia vs. Malta show will start kick-off at 14:45 EDT. The following is additional information on TV channels in several countries that are broadcasting streaming this match.
*Please Remember too! several streaming platforms or TV channels charge a subscription fee to access North Macedonia vs Malta shows, and the 2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying match schedule may change depending on broadcast rights holders.
Here is the live streaming link for North Macedonia vs. Malta in the UEFA Euro Qualifying 2024