|Match||Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Iceland|
|Competition||2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying|
|Match day||1st round|
|Venue||Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica|
|Date||Thursday, March 23, 2023|
|Official TV||FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+|
Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iceland will face each other at the Bilino Polje Stadium on Thursday (23/3/2023) in the inaugural match of Group J for the 2024 European Cup Qualification. Both teams hope to start their campaign with positive results to chase tickets to the finals.
Bosnia-Herzegovina has a good record against Iceland in previous European Cup qualifiers. They won three and lost one of their last four meetings. However, Ivaylo Petev’s team cannot be complacent because Iceland also has a quality and experienced squad.
On the other hand, Iceland managed to qualify for the last two editions of the European Cup, even reaching the quarter-finals in 2016. However, they failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup after finishing third in UEFA Qualifying Group I. Arnar Vidarsson’s team wants to prove that they can still compete at the highest level.
Facing the home team, Vidarsson will still rely on Gylfi Sigurdsson. The versatile Icelandic midfielder is a key player for his national team. Sigurdsson has scored 25 goals in 78 appearances for his national team, including one goal in four games against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Sigurdsson has also been an important player for his club Everton, registering five assists in his last nine Premier League matches.
Meanwhile coach Faruk Hadžibegić has key players like Edin Dzeko. The veteran striker of Bosnia-Herzegovina is still a major threat to the opponent’s defense. Dzeko has scored 59 goals in 114 appearances for his national team, including three goals in two matches against Iceland in qualifying for Euro 2016. Dzeko is also on fire with his club Inter Milan, scoring seven goals from his last nine matches in Serie A Italian League.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iceland have met six times before, with Bosnia-Herzegovina winning four and Iceland winning twice1.
Bosnia-Herzegovina scored 12 goals and conceded seven in their previous six meetings with Iceland1.
Bosnia-Herzegovina have lost only one of their last eight home matches in all competitions (W5 D2 L1)2.
Iceland have won only one of their last eight away games in all competitions (W1 D1 L6)2.
Bosnia-Herzegovina has a 51% chance of winning and a 26.1% chance of a draw, while Iceland has a 22.9% chance of winning and a 26.1% chance of a draw3.
- June 12, 2022 – Montenegro [1 – 1] Bosnia-Herzegovina (UEFA Nations League)
- June 15, 2022 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [3 – 2] Finland (UEFA Nations League)
- September 24, 2022 – Bosnia-Herzegovina [1 – 0] Montenegro (UEFA Nations League)
- September 27, 2022 – Romania [4 – 1] Bosnia-Herzegovina (UEFA Nations League)
- November 19, 2022 – Russia [Cancelled] Bosnia-Herzegovina (Friendlies)
- November 11, 2022 – South Korea [1 – 0] Iceland (Friendlies)
- November 17, 2022 – Lithuania [0 – 0 P] Iceland (League)
- November 19, 2022 – Latvia [1 – 1 P] Iceland (League)
- January 09, 2023 – Iceland [1 – 1] Estonia (Friendlies)
- January 13, 2023 – Sweden [2 – 1] Iceland (Friendlies)
Possible Starting Lineup:
|Bosnia-Herzegovina (5-3-2)||Iceland (4-1-4-1)|
Where to Stream
Star+, ESPN Argentina (Argentina); Sport TV Multiscreen, Sport TV2 (Portugal); Optus Sport (Australia); NOW NET e Claro, ESPN, GUIGO, Star+ (Brazil); iQiyi (China); Sport 2 CZ/SK (Czech Republic); C More Sport 1, C More Suomi (Finland); TV2 Sport X, TV2 Play Denmark (Denmark); Polsat Box Go, Polsat Sport (Poland); Eleven Sports 1 Belgium (Luxembourg); TalkSport Radio UK, BBC Radio 5 Live, Channel 4 (United Kingdom); DAZN (Switzerland); TV 2 Play, TV6 Sweden, TV2 Sport Premium (Norway); beIN Sports Connect New Zealand, Sky Sport 7 beIN Sports (New Zealand); DAZN, Puls 24 (Austria); Sport 3, Sport 1 (Israel); Eleven Sports 1 Belgium (Belgium); Alpha TV (Greece); SPOTV ON (Korea Republic), more here.
Tonight there is an exciting match between Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Iceland in the 2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying competition. If nothing changes, of course you can watch the live broadcast and live streaming of Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Iceland via the FOX Sports App, Fox Sports 1, Foxsports.com, or VIX+ platforms.
Live Stream Info
Held at the Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica on Thursday, March 23, 2023, the Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Iceland show will start kick-off at 14:45 EDT. The following is additional information on TV channels in several countries that are broadcasting streaming this match.
*Please Remember too! several streaming platforms or TV channels charge a subscription fee to access Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Iceland shows, and the 2024 UEFA Euro Qualifying match schedule may change depending on broadcast rights holders.
Here is the live streaming link for Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Iceland in the UEFA Euro Qualifying 2024