Liverpool FC will face Real Madrid in the 2021-2022 UEFA Champions League Final (UCL) which can be watched via live broadcast and live streaming on BT Sport on Saturday, 28 May 2022.
Liverpool and Real Madrid will meet in the 2021-2022 Champions League final which will be held at the Stade de France, Saint-Denis on Saturday, 28 May 2022 starting kick-off at 9pm local time. This match smelled of revenge after in the final four years ago Los Blancos buried Liverpool’s dream of winning the UCL title with a 3-1 victory.
At that time, Real Madrid had taken the lead first through the action of Karim Benzema before four minutes later Sadio Mane replied. Until finally two goals from Gareth Bale brought victory for Los Blancos, which is getting stronger as the club with the most collections of titles, 13 titles, in the Champions League.
This season, Liverpool managed to walk into the final round after defeating a number of well-known clubs including Inter Milan, Benfica, and Villarreal. On the other hand, the slick performances displayed by Real Madrid were also able to reduce resistance from a number of prestigious clubs, including this season’s Ligue 1 and Premier League champions – Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City, as well as last season’s UCL champion Chelsea.
This final match also marks the eleventh meeting between Carlo Ancelotti and Jurgen Klopp in his stint as coach. In the previous ten head-to-head meetings, Ancelotti has won with four wins, one draw and three defeats.
|Match||Liverpool FC vs Real Madrid|
|Competition||UEFA Champions League (UCL) 2021-2022|
|Venue||Stade de France (Saint-Denis)|
|Date||Saturday, May 28, 2022|
|Official TV||BT Sport|
|Streaming TV||BT Sport|
According to head-to-head records, Real Madrid are also still unbeaten in their last five meetings with Liverpool in the Champions League – four wins and one draw. But keep in mind the fact that the La Liga champions have not managed to end a single game with a clean sheet in this season’s UCL knockout phase.
Mohamed Salah’s determination to ‘settle the score’ as he wrote on Twitter, is expected to be a threat for the Los Merengues defense. Just a reminder, in the 2018 final Salah was forced to leave the field when the match had only been running for about 30 minutes in Kyiv due to a shoulder injury.
|Liverpool FC (4-3-3)||Real Madrid (4-3-3)|
5 H2H Latest Liverpool FC – Real Madrid
- Apr 15, 2021 – Liverpool FC [0-0] Real Madrid (Champions League)
- Apr 07, 2021 – Real Madrid [3-1] Liverpool FC (Champions League)
- May 27, 2018 – Real Madrid [3-1] Liverpool FC (Champions League)
- Nov 05, 2014 – Real Madrid [1-0] Liverpool FC (Champions League)
- Oct 23, 2014 – Liverpool FC [0-3] Real Madrid (Champions League)
Last 5 Match Results
- May 08, 2022 – Liverpool FC [1-1] Tottenham Hotspur FC (EPL)
- May 11, 2022 – Aston Villa FC [1-2] Liverpool FC (EPL)
- May 14, 2022 – Chelsea FC [0-0P] Liverpool FC (FA Cup)
- May 18, 2022 – Southampton FC [1-2] Liverpool FC (EPL)
- May 22, 2022 – Liverpool FC [3-1] Wolverhampton Wanderers (EPL)
- May 05, 2022 – Real Madrid [E3-1] Manchester City FC (Champions League)
- May 09, 2022 – Atlético Madrid [1-0] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- May 13, 2022 – Real Madrid [6-0] Levante (La Liga)
- May 16, 2022 – Cádiz [1-1] Real Madrid (La Liga)
- May 21, 2022 – Real Madrid [0-0] Real Betis (La Liga)