|Match||Eintracht Frankfurt vs. VfL Bochum|
|Match day||Week 26|
|Venue||Deutsche Bank Park Stadium, Frankfurt am Main|
|Date||Friday, March 31, 2023|
The Bundesliga resumes after the international break with an exciting match between Eintracht Frankfurt and VfL Bochum at Deutsche Bank Park on Friday, 31 March 2023. The two teams have different ambitions for the remainder of the season. Eintracht Frankfurt wants to chase tickets to the Champions League, while VfL Bochum wants to stay away from the threat of relegation.
Eintracht Frankfurt suffered a dip in form before the international break. They have never won in the last six matches in all competitions. They were also knocked out of the Champions League after losing 0-3 on aggregate to Napoli.
In sixth place with 40 points, 13 points behind leaders in the Bundesliga, Borussia Dortmund, coach Oliver Glasner hopes his team can bounce back and win at home. “We have to find our confidence and our spirit again. We have to work hard and focus on the things we can control,” he said.
VfL Bochum showed improvement before the international break. They had two successive wins against FC Koln and RB Leipzig. They also managed to keep a clean sheet in these two matches.
However, coach Thomas Letsch is not satisfied with the results achieved by his team and wants to continue this positive trend, because Bochum is ranked 14th with 25 points, only four points ahead of the red zone. “We have shown strong character and good mentality. We must continue to play with confidence and discipline,” said Letsch.
In terms of head to head, Eintracht Frankfurt and VfL Bochum are quite balanced. Of the last seven meetings in the Bundesliga, each team won three wins and one match ended in a draw. However, Eintracht Frankfurt has a better home record than VfL Bochum. They are unbeaten in their last four home games against VfL Bochum.
In terms of statistics, Eintracht Frankfurt is superior in terms of ball possession, shots and goals compared to VfL Bochum. However, VfL Bochum has a more solid and disciplined defense compared to Eintracht Frankfurt. Both teams also have players who can be decisive in this game.
Eintracht Frankfurt relied on Randal Kolo Muani as the spearhead of their attack. The French striker has scored 11 goals in the Bundesliga this season. He also has great speed and technique.
VfL Bochum rely on Philipp Hofmann as their main goal scorer. The German striker has scored seven goals in the Bundesliga this season. He also has the ability to play in a position other than striker. Apart from that, VfL Bochum also has Manuel Riemann as their mainstay goalkeeper. The German goalkeeper has made 85 saves in the Bundesliga this season.
Interesting Statistics and Facts
This is the eighth meeting between the two teams in the Bundesliga since the 2010/11 season. In the previous seven meetings, Eintracht Frankfurt won five times, Bochum won twice.
Eintracht Frankfurt haven’t lost any of their last three home games against Bochum in all competitions. They scored 11 goals and conceded only two goals in that span.
Bochum earned a massive 3-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt in the first meeting of the season at the Vonovia Ruhrstadion. Bochum’s goals were scored by Patrick Hofmann, Evan Ndicka (own goal) and Philipp Förster.
Eintracht Frankfurt has averaged 11.2 shots per game in the Bundesliga this season, more than Bochum which is only averaging 8.3 shots per game. However, both teams scored 19 goals in 25 matches.
Bochum has an average possession of 40.75% in the Bundesliga this season, the lowest of all teams. Meanwhile, Eintracht Frankfurt has an average possession of 49.12%, ranking ninth in the league.
- October 08, 2022 – Bochum [3 – 0] Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)
- March 13, 2022 – Eintracht Frankfurt [2 – 1] Bochum (Bundesliga)
- October 25, 2021 – Bochum [2 – 0] Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)
- September 26, 2013 – Eintracht Frankfurt [2 – 0] Bochum (DFB Pokal)
- March 30, 2012 – Eintracht Frankfurt [3 – 0] Bochum (2 Bundesliga)
Eintracht Frankfurt Performance
- March 05, 2023 – Wolfsburg [2 – 2] Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)
- March 11, 2023 – Eintracht Frankfurt [1 – 1] Stuttgart (Bundesliga)
- March 16, 2023 – Napoli [3 – 0] Eintracht Frankfurt (UEFA Champions League)
- March 19, 2023 – Union Berlin [2 – 0] Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)
- March 23, 2023 – Eintracht Frankfurt [1 – 1] Greuther Fürth (Club Friendlies)
- February 18, 2023 – Bochum [0 – 2] Freiburg (Bundesliga)
- February 25, 2023 – Werder Bremen [3 – 0] Bochum (Bundesliga)
- March 04, 2023 – Bochum [0 – 2] Schalke 04 (Bundesliga)
- March 11, 2023 – FC Cologne [0 – 2] Bochum (Bundesliga)
- March 18, 2023 – Bochum [1 – 0] RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)
Possible Starting Lineup:
|Eintracht Frankfurt (3-4-2-1)||Bochum (4-3-1-2)|
Where to Watch
Tonight there is an exciting match between Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bochum in the 2022/23 Bundesliga competition. If nothing changes, of course you can watch the live broadcast and live streaming of Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bochum via the ESPN platforms.
Held at the Deutsche Bank Park Stadium, Frankfurt am Main on Friday, March 31, 2023, the Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Bochum show will start kick-off at 14:30 EDT. The following is additional information on TV channels in several countries that are broadcasting streaming this match.
Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet Now Plus (Canada); QQ Sports Live, PPTV Sport China, Migu (China); beIN Sports Connect (Australia); Star+ (Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador); Viaplay (Denmark, Estonia, Iceland, Poland); Sky Sport Bundesliga, Sky Go (Austria, Switzerland); Sony LIV (Maldives, India, Sri Lanka); Elisa Viihde Viaplay (Finland); SKY PerfecTV LIVE (Japan), more here.
*Please Remember too! several streaming platforms or TV channels charge a subscription fee to access Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bochum shows, and the 2022/23 Bundesliga match schedule may change depending on broadcast rights holders.
Here is the live streaming link for Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Bochum in the Bundesliga 2022/23
This match is predicted to be fierce and exciting. Both teams have high motivation to get full points. Based on predictions from several soccer sites, Frankfurt is more favored to win over Bochum. Here are some of these predictions:
- Sports Mole predicts Eintracht Frankfurt will win 2-1 over Bochum. They say that the international break may favor Frankfurt more than Bochum considering the two teams’ different performances. They also consider that Frankfurt has a better home advantage and quality of players than Bochum.
- Sportskeeda predicts a 1-1 draw between Eintracht Frankfurt and Bochum. They say that Frankfurt haven’t lost at home to Bochum since this century, but have failed to score in their last two outings. They also say that Bochum has been on a two-match winning streak, but failed to score in three of their last five visits to Frankfurt.
- Football Whispers predicts Eintracht Frankfurt will win 3-0 over Bochum. They say that Frankfurt has a higher motivation to earn points in order to chase the Champions League zone. They also say that Bochum has a fragile defense and often concedes goals. They also suggest betting on Randal Kolo Muani to score any time.